resurrection of an ae86
05-15-2007, 03:20 PM
resurrection of an ae86
Hi guys,
This summer i’m starting to rebuilt my ae86. This topic is for your commends and helps for my Project.
Firs of all this summers budget is just for bodywork, rims+tires and coilover.
I want to change my grey color to championship white. My firs question is; what do i have to use for scraping off the old paint and what do i have to use for priming.
Second question is i want to use d2 coilover set. Do you advise this brand?
These are my firs questions, when im going to change the other parts i will continue asking.
thanks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2007, 03:28 PM
resurrection of an ae86
Hi, nice to ear that another hachi is coming to its deserved health.

I think you should opened this topic on the project area.

As the d2 coilovers, some say that they are very hard, even when seted up to the minimum.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - resurrection of an ae86]
Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
Find all posts by this user
05-15-2007, 05:12 PM
resurrection of an ae86
About scraping off the paint: dont. If there is no rust underneath the stock paint, just sand it a little so it is rough.. this is a better base for paint to hold on to than blank metal, and it will not start rusting. Any decent automotive primer will do just fine I think.. you're in a sunny country compared to holland, so no need to go crazy with epoxy primers.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-15-2007, 06:23 PM
resurrection of an ae86
I got some rust on my fenders. I think toyota service can solve rust, and paint problem. Later i will add pictures, they will be helpful.