rear suspension setup
03-31-2006, 09:23 PM
rear suspension setup
Need some info on the rear suspension setup.

In the front im going with koni adjustabe shortshocks for the AE92 and some coilovers theres no problem there but id like some info on the rear supension. Cause I live in sweden the AE86 was never sold here so I need some tips for shocks that fit the rear and some tips how to get coilovers at the rea setup. has anybody doen this before and if they have hgow did they do it. The car is for track and drift only so dont care about comfort.

thanks alot
Find all posts by this user
03-31-2006, 11:42 PM
rear suspension setup
Hey Legend,

Well depending on how adjustable you want your car, and how low you are going to make it (with ae92 shocks I'm assuming you'll lower it atleast a few cms) you can go for instance for TRD springs in the rear and short stroke shocks. Then just adjust your front coilovers to match.
If you find a good spring supplier let me know, I'm still looking for stiff rear springs that don't lower the car to muchSmile

If you really want to go coilover on the rears that are adjustable then there aren't to many options and you'll have to do some changes to the rear. Paradise racing has a good set for sale, so does T3. However I personally don't like the coil over setups unless the rear axle is modified, for some reason I don't think the mounts will last with serious abuseSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-02-2006, 09:45 AM
rear suspension setup
Fiat Argenta front shocks can be used as rear on AE86 (-30mm). Minor rework is needed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2006, 12:14 PM
rear suspension setup
Jamie, but those can't be very still shocks?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

04-02-2006, 09:23 PM
rear suspension setup
"very still" - I can't understand (sorry English is not my native language) Dumb question

You can buy gas or some performance Argenta shocks (mine are gas Monroes)- the bonus is just that they are 30mm shorter than AE86 ones (that's why I lowered my front struts with 30 mm using 40mm shorter AE92 shocks + 10mm inserts).
04-02-2006, 10:46 PM
rear suspension setup
Mux probably made a typo...it should be "very stiff". I do know that americans use some camaro rear shocks, those are also a bit shorter. The trouble for us is that we never got much camaro's over here so those shocks arent going to be easy to find, and I've never seen a fiat argenta in holland. If it was ever sold here it was long ago and we end up with the same problem...it's hard to find proper parts.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-02-2006, 11:15 PM
rear suspension setup
oops, typo indeedSmile hehehe ment stiffSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

04-03-2006, 08:23 PM
rear suspension setup
how is the AE92 shocks in the back are they useable on the AE86.
im gonna lower te car 60 mm that is whats planned anyways but still a question wich shocks and wich springs to use anybody know of a car with some specs on it so I can see what hes got
04-04-2006, 07:42 AM
rear suspension setup
AE92 shocks only fit the front. I think I also read about some older supra shocks that will fit the rear, but I cant recall exactly which type.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-04-2006, 07:53 PM
rear suspension setup
guess I have to try what fits then

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the best setup for grip?? Sgonzalez 36 33,447 02-10-2008 10:44 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Rally Setup MOmo 14 16,407 04-23-2007 01:08 AM
Last Post: apardal