AE86 Brand New Last one left?
03-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Dont know if it's been posted already but a brand new AE86 has been sitting in a basement for 25 years. The interior is mint. The factory plastic was kept on everything from the seats to the sun visors. It was even left hand drive.
48 original kilometers.

Apparently the owner, who wishes to remain anonymous, drove this hachi-roku from the dealership to his house and left it in his basement for the past 25 years.

After all these years this car still had the new car smell. It smelled like Japan from the eighties.

Even the seats in the rear were wrapped in plastic.

The trunk revealed a spare that still has air in it.

Popping the hood revealed a 4A-GE blue top, confirming this is a mint 100% pure AE86.

The owner drained all the fuel from the gas tank so the fuel lines would not get all gummed up.

130ps of raw Japanese power.

Every now and then he turns the motor over with a wrench just to keep everything nice and oiled.

He removed the battery too.

The tires are original of course. They still had the tire mold prickly's on them too.

It turns out this is a European model Corolla Sport Coupe GT.

The fixed headlights, the deleted spoiler and the unpainted bumpers make it look like a Japanese AE85.

Notice the sticker? This car has an OEM clutch type LSD that you could get as an option in the USA. I am guessing the rear end is a 4:3:1 ratio just like our GTS versions too.

Original window sticker from the dealership.

The manuals are still crisp. Even these would sell quickly on ebay.

This car has never been washed and it still shines like the day it left the factory. Every now and then the owner blows the dust off with his breath. I never had the pleasure of seeing a car like this brand new because I was only one year old when the car hit showroom floors. I am very honored to be able to experience a car like this. This really was a time capsule from the eighties. Hopefully one day this car will end up in a Toyota museum, so all the AE86 owners in the world can witness it's glory.

Copied that sorry but talk about back to the future I'd love that motor
Find all posts by this user
03-25-2012, 11:51 AM
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011/08/...sule-.aspx
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many Hachis are left on the road? Blueneon 176 228,559 08-14-2015 08:32 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Topic --> last page set up cannabolic 19 16,924 02-12-2014 11:41 PM
  Server crashed last sunday banpei 17 15,782 10-25-2012 11:15 AM
  One Heck of a AE86 Rally Car. AZNWOKZ 23 27,488 02-12-2012 05:46 PM
Last Post: gt99
  Tour last week speed-inc 18 12,951 11-26-2007 04:13 AM
Last Post: mouwt