Thread Closed 
my new AE86.
01-26-2006, 12:52 PM
my new AE86.
Gheghe...AE86 is what happens when you're making other plans...
I agree with the other guys, lots of people get obsessed with nice parts (I do to), but the real satisfaction doesnt come from bolting stuff on. It's the work you put into it, the satisfaction of knowing you did things yourself and succeeded. You dont need every part there is to have a good car. A lightly modded (ie. only suspension work) car is a much better place to start learning how to master the car. Put in a 20v and extreme suspension and you might end up with a car that is hell to drive on the streets, and might end up wrapped around a tree before you've gotten the chance to learn to handle it properly.
I guess the reason you're getting som many responses here is that we appreciate the fact that a young guy like yourself is so interested in restoring/building an ae86. Your very welcome to chew the fat around here, but please just buy the car and give us a shout when you're actually installing your upgrades.. If I posted every idea for my car that my brain could spawn I would seriously flood the forum..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2006, 01:16 PM
my new AE86.
Ghe ghe, lets just start by bolting the parts that we actually have lying about to the respective cars...probably half a years worth of work just there..

Collecting parts is easy...rims anyone?

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
01-26-2006, 06:17 PM
my new AE86.
alright, so i sat down for a minute, and looked it this list and realized, there is no way i could pay for all of this, in the short period of time anyway. so, instead i am just going to buy the car, knock the piston to get the single cam working, then, putting the winter rains to good use Thumbs up! . i am just going to SAVE for a long time, instead of trying to get all the parts in a hurry. im sure the motor thats in there will be fun to drive any way, im trying to talk the guy down to 700$ if i can do that i will have the car SOON so i can get practicing on my driving, i will get pictures too, but it might be a few weeks till he see`s that he is NOT getting 1000 for the car. But after i get it, here is what i plan to do so far.

get the damn car
fix the car
practice driving the car
work
save
work
save
work
SAVE
HOPE.

Big Grin thanks for the advice guys, because i figure that 20 minutes spent practicing drifting, is 20 minutes well spent

same shit, different day.
01-26-2006, 06:34 PM
my new AE86.
Now you 're finally talking...

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - my new AE86.] http://www.jdmbits.com
01-26-2006, 06:58 PM
my new AE86.
guys, should i go with a LSD? i have been researching on different ones, but they are expensive Confused you think that would be a good first modification? then maybe disc brakes? or would my cash be better spent elsewhere?

01-26-2006, 07:18 PM
my new AE86.
Hey,

I Don't even have a AE86 , but I can tell you this, better save the money you're going to spend on the LSD for repairing the car.
I Drive a S13, and hey, I had cool plans as well before i even bought it! I had a few thousand euro saved, part for the car, and another part for some cool parts....

Buuuut then I got the car, and the problems/maintenance were starting... So far I haven't really tuned/styled the car, except for some parts that i came by for cheap in the club. (intercooler etc. etc.).

Buying the car is one thing, keeping it in one piece is another...

Just my 2cents.
01-26-2006, 07:19 PM
my new AE86.
NO! For crying out loud Takumi! Get the friggin car, and drive it. Then talk. No LSDs as you probably won't even be able to tell the difference. Spend your money and time in driving and servicing/restoring the car.
01-26-2006, 07:22 PM
my new AE86.
There you go again.....
I thought that you had ordered the blacktop engine?

You are not doing yourself any favours by keeping on doing this..benchracing is just to lame to waste time at...Go bother some girls or something Smile

Don't you get it? While you sit here fantasising behind your monitor, you could be out there actually DOING cool stuf..Whether it be working on and tuning a 50cc bike or whatever kids in the states get to actually ride, going out and having fun, driving karts WHATEVER..Life just to short to waste waiting for stuff that you aren't able to do now anyway.

By the way..you are going to knock the piston? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin LOL loved that one...

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
01-26-2006, 07:31 PM
my new AE86.
nmwisima Wrote:Now you 're finally talking...

Probably I rushed to talk Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - my new AE86.] http://www.jdmbits.com
01-26-2006, 08:14 PM
my new AE86.
hehe, call me what you will no hatchi (why is that your name, just curious?)! i havent ordered the blacktop, yet, i didnt plan to for another like 6 months...but i might put it on the backburner for a while. I am working kind of fast. i slowed it down, i am just trying to tell you guys my goals to acheaive in modifying my car a little bit. (like adding an LSD and disc brakes) thats all im saying...thats all i want to acheive before 2008. 4 wheel disc brakes and a LSD.why is it you feel the need to be mean to me no hatchi? i mean you have HELPED a LOT but you have been kind of sour, lighten up. and i tell NO LIE`S, why would i waste my time coming on an internet forum and doing all this research just to sit here and "fantasize behind my moniter"? i dont think so. i have owned VARIOUS 50 CC bikes, an 80 CC and even a 125CC. i have had and sold almost EVERY THING with a motor. ive had a CBR 954 that i sold, me and my brother built a 1969 pontiac firebird, worked on my freinds s14 (new head gasket, and timing), i also had a golf cart (and DRIFTED it). so as you can see i think i am ready to get into working on my very OWN car. I KNOW I could do it, my freind has a shop if i need it, too. especially with the help of my father who is, and has been a car mechanic/carpenter for 24 years.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.
Dumb question

Thread Closed