Thread Closed 
my new AE86.
01-25-2006, 12:17 AM
my new AE86.
i've really never driven my 86's either Confused At least not enough to get used to one.

And i've two of them.

Jón Mar

"T3 is good. I'd go with them. And they're red. Red goes faster..."

'87 AE86 3dr - Black
'87 AE86 3dr - Red
'88 AE92 5dr GTi - Black

'95 ST205 - Red - sold
Find all posts by this user
01-25-2006, 03:21 AM
my new AE86.
dood, okay so what if i dont know every thing about an AE86. i am learning. i guess you are right, i kind of did just come in here and name every thing to make my dream car, but what are the chances of a kid like me ever affording to do it? i shouldent be wasting my time. i should be using it researching and reading books on the cars and stuff. i am looking for blow up parts diagrams and books and researching "howstuffworks.com" that place is cool. its just so fun to sit down and name parts that i know i am going to get eventually, I DO know what the parts do, i HAVE the tools and have worked on a 69 firebird before and all other sorts of my freinds cars in my back yard, i have a forklift too that thing is cool Smile i DO feel confident i am going to one day assemble my dream Toyota. its not far, im thinkning around July, in about 6 months i will have enough to buy an AE111 front clip with a silver top (more durable internals than blacktop) 20V and then put new cam, new pistons, porting, replace the cam and crank seals, replace the valve cover gasket then install it into my AE86. then about 2 months more and i install my Clutch, LSD, coilovers/eibach springs, and 4 wheel disc brakes, then MAYBE i might follow those up with a steering wheel, rims, and a bumper. Thumbs up!

by the way, im picking up my SR5 and bringing it home in a few days (will get pictures., then knocking the crank and fixing the Single cam 8v that is in there. then taking it to my freind shop in san francisco where we are going to do body work and painting, im doing black with red pinstripe to go with the red interieor, the seats are not recaro, i just thought they where by looking at them, turns out they are some other brand with no writing on them, maybe they are brides?! i doubt it. but then, i am taking it out every night for about 1- 2 hours to practice with the 8v singlcam in it. =`( its okay the motor is WEAK but ATLEAST IT IS PRACTICE.

same shit, different day.
01-25-2006, 03:44 AM
my new AE86.
my car still has in a 3a motor,it a pos but its lots of fun when the rain falls (easy on gas too Big Grin )

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - my new AE86.]
01-25-2006, 11:53 AM
my new AE86.
There he goes again. I thought he would try to understand, but no...

Listing parts -different every time- is his hobby, obviously...

14 year-old Kent, I do not inteant to kill your dreams, reading is good, dreaming is good, hoping also, but as guys said, RELAX!

Things arent allways as simple as the seem in theory.

Get the car, get used to it (then go to body-shop) and then tuned it.

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - my new AE86.] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2006, 12:02 PM
my new AE86.
nmwisima Wrote:There he goes again. I thought he would try to understand, but no...

Listing parts -different every time- is his hobby, obviously...

14 year-old Kent, I do not inteant to kill your dreams, reading is good, dreaming is good, hoping also, but as guys said, RELAX!

Things arent allways as simple as the seem in theory.

Get the car, get used to it (then go to body-shop) and then tuned it.

My words excactly! Thumbs up!

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
01-26-2006, 01:30 AM
my new AE86.
just let me have my fun okay =) hehe, kidding. I talked on the phone with "MUN LEE" auto parts (in west malaysia) and they are shipping me a blacktop AE111 front clip for 1350$ USD. the Clip is coming in april. by then i will already have my car painted and body work DONE, and my freind is getting me 15 ENKEI (SP?) and yokohama tires for 350$. adn that is what I am starting with. you guys have to understand, im not going out and buying all these parts and then throwing them on my car and not even knowing what they do. i KNOW what EVERY part does that i am getting, i am adding them on ONE BY ONE so that i can know how EACH AND EVERY part affects my car. then learning as mutch about tuning them all to how i like them.

same shit, different day.
01-26-2006, 01:42 AM
my new AE86.
#1: Get the car
#2: Realize how much rust a AE86 hides (and i mean HIDES)
#3: THEN buy stuff to it (if its worth buying stuff to)
#4: Get your license and learn the most important thing about cars - How you drive them!

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
01-26-2006, 10:08 AM
my new AE86.
Kent, what I don't understand is why you feel that you have to have these parts to be part of the club? Just in the post above you mention buying an engine for a car you don't own etc..If you go on like that, people will start calling your bluff and ignoring you after a while..not fun.

In the post above you mention parts worth in excess of 5000$..If you really do know EVERYTHING that everything does, then you will know how I came to that number..

Nevermind..but its all getting very tiresome..just report back when you have some actual pictures to show us..I thought you would have bought the car by know..

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
01-26-2006, 11:10 AM
my new AE86.
Yeah, 5.000 dollar parts for a 1.000 dollar sr5 with no LSD Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

And why the hell this topic is @ the "Technical Section"?
Move it at the "new members"

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - my new AE86.] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2006, 12:27 PM
my new AE86.
kent14,

Before I bought my AE86 I had plans to make it D1 gp style. I wanted to have al the parts available on the market. When I should buy my AE86 I had plans to buy a Run-Free body kit and do a full paintjob within a year.

A year ago I bought my car and drove it with fun. It was pretty fast and soon the first problems occurred. New clutch, new slave and master clutch cylinder, new tires etc. Little damage done, because the car surprised me in a corner (somewhere in the first weeks). Now I still drive that standard car with fun! Learned a lot about the car and how to handle it. Now, I finally have some money saved and still not going to buy the Run-Free body kit and full paintjob. I want to change my suspension, because that will make me more happy.
I made about 150 dollars a week working on Saturday and evenings and had to go to college 5 days a week. There was not much time to spend doing modifications to my hachi. The money I made is not much compare to the prices for all the modifications. Every week I have to buy gas for my car. Cost me around 50 dollars a week!
So, what I'm trying to say is get the car first and learn how to drive it. Than you can make plans of modifications you want to do, but take 1 thing at a time. The plans you make now are more like a dream to me than reality. Respect people like Apardal and Zax. They managed to build up a hachi in a short time periode.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - my new AE86.]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
Thread Closed