Thread Closed 
my new AE86.
01-23-2006, 10:55 AM
my new AE86.
When I was 14 the last thing I thought about was cars.
Girl and drinks were even not there (enough)
If I know then what I know now, I'm sure cars were still not in the picture.
Grow up, get a girl, go to college, get drunk and be the man Cool

Or grow up, get drunk, go to college, get drunk, get a car, get a girl, still go to college and live at a trailerpark, like I do

And start collection rims, then, you're the man Respect!

Mark
Find all posts by this user
01-23-2006, 05:50 PM
my new AE86.
hye, guys guys. im 14, yes but willing to WORK MY ASS OFF. i get paid 7$ an hour and it use to go to airsoft and shit now if i switch the funds over to a car, i make 160$ a week at a machine shop.

same shit, different day.
01-23-2006, 07:21 PM
my new AE86.
kent14 Wrote:well, its an sr5 so it only has a 8v singla cam. i went and saw it today.

its white with red recaro front and back seats, i am painting it black with red pin stripe though. since its a SR5 i am swapping out the single cam 8 valve motor with a 16 valve 4AGZE and then getting some TRD coilovers, dual webber 40mm carbs (replacing fuel injection unit), reducing weight by taking ALOT of useless parts out (cruise control, winsheild wiper fluid bottle, Air conditioning, speacial light battery, stripping door panels and usless interior but keeping the back seats.) then of course a LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL and 4 wheel disc brakes to go on my 15inch konig wheels and some cheap tires.

but you know, im so indecisive. i dont know wether i want a 16valve 4agze or a 20 valve blacktop 4age. what do you guys think?

4agze and dual webber........... Wave hmmmzzz

buy a new bmx Hurray!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - my new AE86.]

sr86 completed!!........漂うことのマスター!!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-23-2006, 08:08 PM
my new AE86.
Sounds like you have a whole lot of plans for the reasons no one asked any questions about. Get the car first, drive it (the way it is); it might be slow on paper but when you start driving anything delivering 0-60 under 20 secs is potentionally fast/dangerous. As you get better in driving and understanding the car you'll start noticing things - what can i better? Do i need more power? Do i need stiffer suspension.. right now i'd imagine you havent done a lot of mileage so you cant really say what you want - unless you want something because some kool drifters have that.. and thats just wrong. You keep mentioning LSD all the time - but can you tell the difference by driving a car w/ and w/o LSD yet? Take it slow man, you are only 14, learn some more, get working on that drivers licence, youll be 16 in no time. Having a restored car by that age is a privilege few people have. Youll get to the tuning and that stuff later when you actually need it. And remember if you cant go fast with a slow car, none of those mods will help you..
01-23-2006, 08:46 PM
my new AE86.
so far, this is what i plan to have on the car within the next 4 years.

-get the car first (sr5 white ae86 with a 5 speed)
-do 4 wheel disc brakes
-LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL (i dont know what kind yet)
-buy a 16 valve 4AGZE front clip and dual webbers and mini aircleaners that i can take off when i race.
-HTS coilovers and 7, or maybe 8 inch springs with stock length ground control sleeve
-new steering wheel
-exhaust setup (3 inch)
-15 inch konig rims
-195-50-15 size azenis
-cutom paintjob with small red pinstriping

but you never know, 4 years from now, there will be all kinds of new parts to choose from.

why do i feel like im just going to slam this into a wall?

dont quote me on that^

same shit, different day.
01-23-2006, 10:07 PM
my new AE86.
Cause you are, if you 're not carefull.

She can be a reall bitch if she dont like you, so one more time:
Get the car, learn to drive it and then start tuning if you still want to. :wink:

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - my new AE86.] http://www.jdmbits.com
01-24-2006, 11:34 AM
my new AE86.
Why would you buy a GZE and dual webbers?

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
01-24-2006, 08:00 PM
my new AE86.
Dude, start reading what people are trying to tell you. You made 10 posts listing the parts and mods you want on your "dont-yet-have-it" car, which you have never even driven (or im guessing any). This talks might be impressive for your friends at school but wont get you far on this forum. Many of people here have much experience in racing and car-mechanics; you should start listening if you really want to learn.
01-24-2006, 09:24 PM
my new AE86.
Amen!

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - my new AE86.] http://www.jdmbits.com
01-24-2006, 10:17 PM
my new AE86.
Listen Kent14...

It looks to me, like you have read alot on different boards and thats great. But you really got to relax a bit. It seems to me, that you just want all the stuff you have read about, but not quite understand what it means.

Ext:
You say that you want a GZE with dual carbs... Why a GZE then? Do you know what a GZE is? Aperantly not, as you earlier called it a 4agze 20v...

You want to take "all the useless parts out". Windshield whiper bottle is a pretty nice thing to have installed. (You will realize that when you actually gets to drive a car) Confused

You want to rip out all useless interiour, but keeping the rearseat... Hmm Dumb question

You state that it has red Recaro front seats. That IS a possibility, but im not sure that Recaro made red rearseats for the 86. :wink:

Its okay to have dreams Kid, dont get me wrong. But do yourself a favour, and take one thing at a time.

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
Thread Closed