is it worth it
06-20-2007, 09:15 PM
is it worth it
im intrested in this because well lets face it 86 arnt realy plentiful in texas and it is my fav car i have all the money i just dont know what all im gettin in to so im asking yall guys opinion

this is what the guy said

I have two corollas, one black '85 GT-S. This is a PARTS CAR. It has no title.
The motor has just been re-built, cranked once, never started. Seemed to not have oil pressure. Could be a line issue, or a busted oil pump. Either way, a junk yard and $50 will have the motor running like BRAND NEW. ZERO miles on the rebuild.

The other one is a white '85 SR-5. The shell is identical to the GT-S, but the motor is a feeble 1.5 liter carbed edition powerhouse. Yeah.
So, what I was planning on doing was doing a complete GT-S swap into the SR-5 shell. The SR-5 has a title, it is clean. The shell is straight, and completely mint. Was a daily driver for a 75 year old woman until the head gasket blew, but you're just gonna' throw away the carbed motor anyway, so who cares?

All the parts needed from the GT-S to convert the SR-5 are in great shape. Like I said, I was going to do the conversion myself, but a recent arrangement has changed things. Both the cars are coupes.

I will not and cannot transport the cars anywhere, for any kind of fee. You WILL have to come pick them up. They can stay out at my shop for an indefinate amount of time until you come get them, but they WILL be payed for in full. I will not wait on payment, because I need them sold. I will hold them for you, though, if you pay for them, and they will be in a secure location behind lock and key.

Now, either that, or you can just buy parts off the GT-S for your own use. The SR-5 will run and be an excellent daily driver with just a new head gasket. That is the only problem with the white car. The black car is a parts car only.

I want to try and make as close to $1000 as I can for both of these cars together. So keep that in mind when you offer.
This is your chance to own the ORIGINAL drift car for less than a grand! With a like new motor
Find all posts by this user
06-20-2007, 10:27 PM
is it worth it
Even if you get one non-papers car + another legal one (both for parts only) - it worth $1000. Forget about 1.5 engine completely, use all other stuff.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2007, 02:02 AM
is it worth it
of corse, i would do a swap with the gts motor but oil pump would the oil pump from the sr work on the gts? or do yall even think thats the problem
06-21-2007, 04:02 PM
is it worth it
just buy a new oil pump oil pump from sr5 will not work. I would offer him 950 get the damn cars away right away. (don't pay for em if they aint in your hands)

Check how good the SR5 is. Then your done.

You could also just weld over the chassis number and license plates. Saves loads of time :-D

But i would assume the engine is busted on the gts so if your smart get them:

try getting the 4age on the gts to run if it doesn't fix up the sr5 for now so you can drive and then make sure you get a decent 4age.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
11-17-2007, 07:54 AM
is it worth it
evilmoose
hi do u still have the parts car i am wanting a shell
11-17-2007, 12:27 PM
is it worth it
Sounds like a weird story, unless he's someone you're good friends with the guy is plain dumb if he's holding on to the cars for you.

From the sounds of it he knows what he's got and he knows these cars are wanted, he should know that if he puts an add out there will be swarms of people at his door taking these two cars away for that kinda money.

Gut feeling is that the rebuild on the engine isn't that complete a rebuild and it will be more then changing the oil pump. Or there is more wrong with the SR5 shell.

If it sounds to good to be true.......

However, if he's a good friend of yours and he just wants to help you out, thats a different story.

Still, you can hardly go wrong, if the SR5 shell is good, and all the other parts on the GTS are good, even if the engine needs work, you're home free. You have all the bits you need to do the swap for half the price people would normally pay to get to that point.

I am assuming you have experience or have friends with experience and it is no problem swapping everything over. If you do not know what is involved in the swap, if you're not someone with experience in tinkering with cars. Walk away unless you have plenty money in your bank account to pay people to do work for you!

Anyways, try to find the catch, I'm sure there is one..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KE70, worth it? Uzelac 7 14,721 08-05-2011 06:23 PM
Last Post: Eric