importing stuff from japan
04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi,

i know we had a discussion on this topic already, just cant seem to find that thread.. Anyway, i've done some calculations, how much would a full rebuild + minor tune up cost for a 4a-ge and it just doesnt make any sense to do it, when the blacktop engines sell for 200-400euros in japan. thats oem engines with less than 100k kms on the clock, tested, with ecu and harness and everything.. not to mention the silvery ones wich go dor even less.

aside from that, there is a gazzillion of other lovely hachi bits there.. everything from smoking wheels to null D wheels (nardi lol).. everything for a fist full of dollars.. just take a stroll down the auctions.yahoo.co.jp.. i mean just check out theese wheels and say that they are not the coolest thing you've ever seen..

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - importing stuff from japan]

anyway, the problem is this one little sentance, which can bi found on virtually every auction page: Seller will not ship internationally.

So now what do you do? how do you get a 300 eur blacktop here? i can spend 1000 eur on my engine and it would not run as half as strong as the 20v.. not to mention you get a factory reliable engine which is a practically a race engine in its oem form.

this sucks Confused
Find all posts by this user
04-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Just find someone importing stuff and he ll fetch it for you.

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - importing stuff from japan] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2007, 08:06 PM
somewhere in a topic was mentioned someone who can buy everything from ebay for international buyers... ask banpei if he can do a quick search or something Smile

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
04-19-2007, 02:26 AM
There are numerous agents in Japan who can do this for you - for a fee.

You can bid yourself and if you 'win' the auction, they arrange for the seller to ship to them, they then pack it up and ship to you. Thus you get charged for them enabling you to do it, cost of postage to them, cost of packaging by them and cost of shipping to you. Which all adds up but when item cost is so cheap ......

Bear in mind some items cannot be sent due to weight and/or length.

Some agents have better reputations than others and fees vary considerably. They all have different rules too so research carefully.

I have not personally used one......yet, but have been sorely tempted, especially now $1 Australian dollar is equal to 100 yen Big Grin

Rinkya is meant to be one of the better ones I believe
04-19-2007, 10:54 AM
DJexor Wrote:somewhere in a topic was mentioned someone who can buy everything from ebay for international buyers... ask banpei if he can do a quick search or something Smile
I'm not a local search engine... Angry

Anyway, perhaps you can ask Maa-Imports:
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/importing...pan/t/3846
He's a regular importer from Japan, so maybe he can do it for you. Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
04-19-2007, 02:03 PM
banpei Wrote:
DJexor Wrote:somewhere in a topic was mentioned someone who can buy everything from ebay for international buyers... ask banpei if he can do a quick search or something Smile
I'm not a local search engine... Angry

Sorry banpei!

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
04-19-2007, 04:16 PM
parrot Wrote:There are numerous agents in Japan who can do this for you - for a fee.

You can bid yourself and if you 'win' the auction, they arrange for the seller to ship to them, they then pack it up and ship to you. Thus you get charged for them enabling you to do it, cost of postage to them, cost of packaging by them and cost of shipping to you. Which all adds up but when item cost is so cheap ......

Bear in mind some items cannot be sent due to weight and/or length.

Some agents have better reputations than others and fees vary considerably. They all have different rules too so research carefully.

I have not personally used one......yet, but have been sorely tempted, especially now $1 Australian dollar is equal to 100 yen Big Grin

Rinkya is meant to be one of the better ones I believe

Yes i have thought of this ofcourse, and searched through a few pages (including Rinkya) but they do not import engines, just smaller bits (rims, muflers, cams etc..).

And sure its not cheap. I guess you would pay more for shipping & handling and customs, taxes than for the engine itself..

Anybody has any other "connections"?
04-19-2007, 05:09 PM
DJexor Wrote:Sorry banpei!
No problem Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
04-23-2007, 02:09 AM
I feel the same way about yahoo auctions. I'm always after things to buy from there but am never sure how Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  86day in Japan - 2015 - Need someone in Japan! :) pack 9 8,963 03-26-2014 06:49 PM
Last Post: demee76
  how to ship shock absorbers from japan? robotype 32 41,257 04-03-2013 11:23 AM
Last Post: pack
  Trip to Japan ElDiablo 8 6,872 05-01-2012 10:37 AM
Last Post: ElDiablo
  2010 AE86 Festivals in Japan OnBail 6 7,151 09-29-2010 07:09 AM
Last Post: OnBail
  Going to Tokyo, Japan, where to be parts? 4000GT 5 6,616 07-18-2010 11:37 AM
Last Post: 4000GT