hachiroll`s rust&lowcompressionrolla project
11-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Mizumoto is ok seller. few orders i have made. But be careful whit "cheap" oil pumps that you engines hard and if that is little outside tolerance soon engine dies..
Find all posts by this user
12-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Thanks again for replies. But I have some more questions. Yummie!
So here is what mizumo writes about pistons in their rebuild kit:

Pistons with Complete NPR Ring Set (made in Japan)
+ Pistons (We have Standard and oversizes: .50mm = .020" )
+ Complete Ring Set (We have Standard and oversizes: .50mm= .020" )
+ Press Pins (diameter: 18.00mm)
Compression Ratio: 9.4:1
Standard Diameter: 81.00 mm
1st Group: 1.50 mm
2nd Group: 1.50 mm
Oil Ring: 2.80 mm

I am confused by the diameter of pistons which mizumo says standard is 81.00mm.(standard cylinder bore is 81.00mm which means zero clearance between piston and cylinder) According to FSM standard piston diameter is 80.89-80.92mm. Did they intend to say "pistons for standard cylinder bore"?
I am asking this because my block needs reboring and I dont know to what diameter it should be rebored. If the block will be rebored according to FSM to O/S 0.50 which means 81.50mm cylinder bore diameter will 0.50mm oversized pistons fit correctly?
12-01-2011, 10:03 AM
First check the block, and see how much do you need to remove from cylinder walls and then buy pistons.
12-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Block is already bored to 81.50mm. Guy at the machining shop told me that its standard boring diameter. I asked him if its not better to get the pistons first, and then according to piston diameter bore the block, but he said that he always bores blocks by 0.50mm. He also measured the crankshaft and said its ok.The guy was kind of strange and he didnt look to have good skills, But I dont know any other good machinig shop around here. Respect!
12-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I also asked mizumo auto about the piston diameter.
Here is their reply:

81.50mm is just the theoretical oversize on the piston set that the manufacturer uses for reference.
The pistons when actually measure will be slightly under the 81.50mm mark. Hence, it is always recommended that the bore job be done AFTER the machine shop has received the pistons and measured their specs. first.
I honestly do not know the answer to your question. It is better that you ask the machine shop who is doing the bore job for you.
12-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Sounds like a sh** engine shop!
Noone never ever whould bore without measuring the pistons first!
How is he going to adjust the clearance without the piston?!?

It even matters where you meassure and what material was used for the piston. Hence why proper piston manufactures tell you the clearance it needs to be bored to, they are sometimes different from the OEM clearance, cause of material and geometry changes.

I´d buy 82,00mm and move to a proper shop!

Did he measure the crankshaft with a 0,05mm caliper? F*** me...

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
12-02-2011, 03:23 AM
fax0815 Wrote:Sounds like a sh** engine shop!
Noone never ever whould bore without measuring the pistons first!
How is he going to adjust the clearance without the piston?!?

It even matters where you meassure and what material was used for the piston. Hence why proper piston manufactures tell you the clearance it needs to be bored to, they are sometimes different from the OEM clearance, cause of material and geometry changes.

I´d buy 82,00mm and move to a proper shop!

Did he measure the crankshaft with a 0,05mm caliper? F*** me...

Thanks very much for this advice. The guy seemed a bit retarded
Banging head when he wrote instead of toyota corolla toyta corda, but I didnt want to judge him, I thought he has some writing defect . But now I know he is a retard. Lol. Tomorow I will take the block and probably inspect the damage that he has done to the engine block. But they seemed to have plenty of machines and there were also some customers...
12-16-2011, 04:28 PM
I have to get new valve guides. I would like to use old valves with new valve guides, is that a good idea?

There are more companies who sell them, what should I go for?

METELLI s.p.a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/METELLI-S-P-A-VA...2a11ed2311

Supertech

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supertech-Valve-...3a590f6475

noname

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VALVE-GUIDE-SET-...2eb6363e21
02-21-2012, 02:40 AM
Finally the valves are polished.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Wicked! Cool

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kaboom Project #62 [KP62] & Toyota scrapyard meshin 9 12,238 02-05-2010 10:45 AM
Last Post: nmwisima
  Bought a Ae86 and super scared cause of rust can any one hel adamsaiyad 19 19,384 12-02-2009 02:29 AM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair