driftworks setup
12-26-2010, 07:40 PM
driftworks setup
They´re out of stock.
There will be a note on top of the mainpage if they come back in.
We all have to wait until then
Crying

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
Find all posts by this user
12-26-2010, 07:48 PM
driftworks setup
@JonnyAE86: have you had the oppportunity to compare the DW setup to a Greddy one?

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-27-2010, 11:25 AM
driftworks setup
Take a good look at the hardware and compare to Megan, Greddy and the rest of the motley crew. Usually not that hard to figure out which factory it rolled out of.
I'd be very curious to see some info regarding genuine revalving and setup of taiwan shocks..so far every company has been making devellopment claims, but mostly its time spent on picking the colour of the springs and shocks. Stick to the HTS you have until you have driven a car with the other setup and satisfied yourself that is better... HTS isn't perfect, but its a good shock for what 86 owners usually do...

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
12-27-2010, 01:15 PM
driftworks setup
Well I can't tell about the AE86 specific model but I've had the DW CS1s (also made by HSD) on my S-Body and it is very different from K-Sport, BC, Stance for that matter. Build quality, setup (spring, damper combo) is very good and would go with it again, the only downside I see is the springrates (F7 and R5.5) which I have no doubt to be nice on fairly good roads as was the 8/6 setup on my Nissan but I would prefer a slight softer spring configuration to be honest for my AE - time will tell. I'll stick to my Apex/HTS setup for now anyway as here in Khartoum a Rally setup would do me best Wink

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulletcam setup for sale and more Bean 2 4,808 01-30-2010 11:11 PM
Last Post: Bean