corolla 84
01-31-2007, 05:28 PM
corolla 84
i just got an 84 corolla sr5. I was woundering if i bought the suspension for the ae86 corolla would it fit???? I was also on planning on buying it new brake rotors and i was also on planing on getting the set for the ae86. Do you think they would fit?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2007, 05:59 PM
corolla 84
If its the RWD chassis then yes, everything can be made to fit. Do a search on the forums on terms like:
AE85 to AE86
SR to GT

There have been a couple of pretty good writeups that'll help you along the way. Also check our faqs for the various types of corolla's out there. Basically the SR is the same chassis, but has a different engine driveshaft and rear axle. Good luck!

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
01-31-2007, 06:22 PM
corolla 84
If you just bought all the suspention parts but keep the SR5 rear axle (so springs, shocks, etc) it should swap in just nicely. If you also got the GTS rear axle (which you would probably want) there is some more work involved. Try searching on the forum or looking in the tech faq, plenty written on it.

As for brake bits, fits on the front but the SR5 has drumbrakes in the rear while the GTS has disc brakes.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user