car handles like crap
10-14-2004, 05:09 PM
car handles like crap
I removed the spacers at the rear, today and had a drive.No difference :roll:

take it sidewards
Find all posts by this user
10-14-2004, 06:38 PM
car handles like crap
NoHachi Wrote:20VWill, I'm not totally understanding the spacer issues? I know of quite some cars running different offsets front to back. What are the specific issues this causes?

With the same width wheels, running a 25mm offset at the front and a -5mm offset at the rear (result of 30mm spacer and ET25 rim), there is probably not enough adjustment to allow the centreline of the rears to pierce the centreline of the fronts. This will give serious instability issues and incorrect thrust angles which will become apparent at speed.

I'm surprised that removing the rear spacers to match the front didn't help?

I'd suggest again to replace the worn parts and get an alignment. Bump steer is noticeable and not ideal, but it won't ause the car to handle really badly. However, RCA's are well worthwhile though on any lowered AE86, they make a huge difference and don't cost much at all.
10-14-2004, 07:36 PM
car handles like crap
The issues he is experiencing are related to bumps and uneven surfaces. Now if he alreay had a fair amount of toe-in on the front axle, then the effects of bumpsteer would be worse then on a normally alligned car.

As long as it drives normally over flat surfaces I'm guessing that bushings etc are not the main problem...

Perhaps speedy could give us some more info on his setup. The second problem I can think of is that the car is lowered onto its bumpstops..that should make it skittish....Or koni dampers on the Full Firm setting.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
10-14-2004, 08:56 PM
car handles like crap
Quote:Perhaps speedy could give us some more info on his setup. The second problem I can think of is that the car is lowered onto its bumpstops..that should make it skittish....Or koni dampers on the Full Firm setting.

Ok, i have yellow Koni's turned 1/4 turn in.And Koni springs with 30mm lowering.I have PU bushings all around.So i dont think i sit on the bumpstops, or?!The toe was around zero, but i had the dampers out several times, so there could be some difference now, and as i said worn but, not seriously, tierod on the left, and worn suspension bearings.

take it sidewards
10-14-2004, 09:00 PM
car handles like crap
Ah i have forgotten something.The suspension bearings can't be the problem, cause i had installed Tein Adjustable Camber bearings.was the same problem, if not worse with them.I really think its caused by the lowering, because when i bought the car and drove 100km the first time i didnt noticed anything.

Doesnt anyone here had same problems like that, yet?

take it sidewards
10-15-2004, 12:05 AM
car handles like crap
Hi, i looked for RCA's Smile

Here's an offer from the United States of America:

<Hello,

<The RCA's run $70 per pair and $9 shipping each by Global Priority Mail <(Very fast, but each pair
<must be shipped separately).

<If you purchase 5 pairs, I can do $60 per pair. 10 pairs or more, I can <do $50 per pair. Shipping
<on each Pair would still be $9 per pair.

<If you would like to make an order, we accept paypal <[email protected]), cc by phone
<(530.626.7334), money order and cashier's check. If mailing a <payment, please send to:

<Techno Toy Tuning
<Attn: Gabriel Tyler
<5939 Puckerbrush Lane
<El Dorado, CA 95623

So europeans unite Smile who's in?I think this is very cheap.We have a company here in swiss, i think, which sells them aswell.But they want 170€ for a pair Huh

take it sidewards
10-15-2004, 12:17 AM
car handles like crap
Hey Speedy,

hmmmm sounds interesting, I don't need them yet but might get them already if we can get them cheap with a massive group buy.

Zax, can you do a counter offer, you made them yourself right? Or had them made or something? That may be even cheaper solutionSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-15-2004, 12:52 AM
car handles like crap
Well, T3 RCA's have always been an option. The thing I like best about Gabe Tyler is that he charges the honest & real shipping costs. If Zax could be so kind to check what the price would be to have 10 sets of RCA's made we could make a comparison. Still...say you shipped 10 sets of RCA's over to europe, it would run no more than 90 dollars in shipping, which is pretty cheap IMO, probably even less.
If he would be willing to give a 15 dollar discount per set for a group purchase you would be looking at 65 dollars tops per set...shipped.
But first let us wait to see if Zax's manufacturer can hook us up for less.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2004, 10:17 AM
car handles like crap
I just contacted the manufacturer for 10 pairs of RCA-s.
Still have to find out about the shipping to european countries.

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
10-15-2004, 11:32 AM
car handles like crap
Thanks Zax...the shipping is indeed a bit of a mess around europe. I'm afraid it might end up costing more than 9 dollars for some countries.
But lets just wait and see....no rush.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone used an aftermarket coil like MSD blaster? JDMitch 6 8,197 09-06-2010 06:14 PM
Last Post: Red
  4age bogs. Would like some help! root 4 5,481 12-30-2009 11:10 AM
Last Post: Nomuken
  Blacktop periodically runs like with no power. japfactory.lv 1 2,807 09-23-2009 04:59 PM
Last Post: japfactory.lv
  what do you use like suspensions ? Spy 40 40,041 04-14-2009 10:20 PM
Last Post: Uzelac
  Crap handling totta Crolla 26 18,293 12-31-2007 03:59 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla