beams engine
04-10-2007, 06:52 PM
beams engine
has anyone ever fitted the beams/yamaha engine thats found in the alteza and ss3 celica to any ae86. if so is it much of a job and has anyone any pictures/videos of the result. thanks
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2007, 07:24 PM
beams engine
Bill Sherwood has, at least;

http://www.billzilla.org/AE863SGE.htm

A guy here in Finland is also working on putting a blacktop Beams, Altezza transmission and rear axle into his AE86 but I don't know how far into the project he's in at the moment.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2007, 08:08 PM
beams engine
does that mean he'll be swappin the entire rear suspension too?
04-10-2007, 08:09 PM
beams engine
that will be some mint car when it's finished. cheers for the link.
04-10-2007, 09:09 PM
beams engine
Apolan Wrote:does that mean he'll be swappin the entire rear suspension too?
Yeah, when I went to see the car in January, he had already fitted the entire RS200 Altezza rear subframe to his AE86, along with the shock towers, shocks, suspension arms, diff+axles, etc - the whole works. Pretty much everything starting from where the front edge of the rear seat goes had been reworked from sheet metal and steel tubes. Outside it looked all normal except for the tyres which protruded from the wheelwells by a fair amount - needs big flares to cover them. Wink Next time when I go to see the car I'll be sure to take my camera with me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2007, 10:07 PM
beams engine
Hopefully he'll leave the body as stock as possible and go for the wolf-in-the-sheeps-skin look Cool Do take pics nekt time! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F20C or Beams? Conrad 20 24,281 09-20-2008 01:25 AM
Last Post: Dimitri