any ideas?
12-28-2009, 11:33 PM
any ideas?
+1 If they are buddyclub P1 15x8 et10, then I NEED those rims. Have been looking for ae86 P1s for ages.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
12-29-2009, 03:05 AM
any ideas?
Congratulations on a very nice car. Please don't spoil it with flares Confused What size minilites do you want? (also Compomotive ML or Performance Superlite?)

Is this your first car? sounds like you are quite new the AE86 world. Welcome! Read up as much information as you can on the forum to make a good decision for you and your car's future Thumbs up! Have a good plan.

Suspension is definietly the first step. You could get new dampers and use upgraded springs rather than going all out on adjustable coilovers which are far more expensive, this leaves you more € to spend on other parts too like some new wheels and good quality tyres (don't neglect what connects to the road!)

If I were you I'd get TRD or Tokico HTS dampers, but KYB AGX is also quite good and not as expensive. Spring rates of 6kg/mm front and 4.5kg/mm rear are nice rate for spirited driving and not uncomfortable on the road. Also slightly lowered 2"-2,5" is a good start for stance and handling. Also replacing worn rubber bushes on suspension arms and anti roll bars will bring chassis back to responsiveness.

With this and some nice wheels and plenty of driving to get to know your 86's character. Then increase engine performance as your skills improve. Most of all enjoy the journey!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - any ideas?]
RokuSteady : Shakotan - Tsuraichi - Hippari - Onikyan : 神奈川 様式
12-29-2009, 03:12 AM
any ideas?
This looks like a nice neat car. The main thing I see is that the tyres are the wrong size. Go for a good hard drive and you will feel the tyres squirming and rolling over. You should change to 185/65/13" tyres, of the best brand you can afford. (Even if you have to get second hand tyres). You will feel the difference.
12-30-2009, 08:43 AM
any ideas?
NoHachi Wrote:+1 If they are buddyclub P1 15x8 et10, then I NEED those rims. Have been looking for ae86 P1s for ages.

i have no idea if thats the model, i will let u know soon man
12-30-2009, 08:45 AM
any ideas?
oldskull Wrote:agreed with BOOMEX, go get the suspension first. like robokill told me once, "Suspension upgrade is the most fun and enjoyable upgrade on you car!"
I got myself an BC-Racing suspension. about 700++ euro from Finland. They need some welding but they quite awesome must tell u.

Enjoy the car, your car look clean. Your car is original from Cyprus?

yup, its an original from cyprus from 1984...i think its the only original in cyprus
12-30-2009, 12:02 PM
any ideas?
A good suspension set up and some new wheels with tires should get you realy happy mate. Suspension is the 90 % of the way to happiness with an ae86!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - any ideas?]
12-30-2009, 01:02 PM
any ideas?
Just for reference: I think it looks pretty cool as it sits. I think that we are almost in a point in time where there are more wide arched, minilite fitted AE86s then original ones.

These rims look pretty nice on it, definately with the fat tires. I bet that if you get fat 13" semi-slicks, like R888s, that it would look badass.

For 1000E, I would find some long stroke HTSs, have some springs made and just maybe buy some swaybars. Add a couple of Cibies to the front and you are good to go. Old scool rally style.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
12-30-2009, 01:17 PM
any ideas?
I would be on ebay, ebay UK has some nice bits from time to time, for 1000 euro I would be expecting to get decent shocks & springs all round, Some nice mini-light/superlites if thats what you like & an exhaust back box. At the end of the day it is your car but I think that the early silvers over black in their standard shape are among the nicest looking 86s out there, I wouldnt be in a rush to go chopping it up & fitting flares esp if you look at the cost of big rims to fill the flairs. Do the basics first & have fun developing the car. Almost forgot, a prothane polybush kit available off here??? or technotoytuning would transform the car.
Exibit A, I do not know anything about this seller etc, just an example..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SSR-RS-WATANABE-15...439bf92423

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
any ideas?
Guys above me have you told all the important things you should know.

-get new bushings
-renew brakes with new lines
-check radiator and rubber hoses, termostat,pumps etc....
-get good tyres
-get good shocks and springs, probably the swaybars too

Try to maintain the car in the most original state, cars with original paint and without wild modifications are becoming rare and valuable.
Stay away from D2/BC/zenky... or whatewer cheap made coilovers + you need those to weld to original strut housing, if you use the car on the street they are unusable.

Dont know how bad roads you have but from my experience the maximal usable spring ratios are 4/3 kg/mm. All above will destroy ride comfort and need body reinforcement.

You can buy Bilstein shocks or HTS longstroke and pair them with Apex or Espelir springs. Or get shortstroke HTS and let you made custom springs.

If you want minilite style wheels here are the URoriginals
http://www.superlite-wheels.com/
14x7 ET 5 would be fine

But its your car so you decide Smile

http://www.86ers.org
All the hachies that Daytona can only dream about.
12-30-2009, 04:12 PM
any ideas?
König Rewinds wheels would be cheaper choice too I think

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can any post sum pics ov carbon hatch/bootlid irish ae86 4 7,042 03-26-2011 07:15 PM
Last Post: irish ae86
  Bought a Ae86 and super scared cause of rust can any one hel adamsaiyad 19 19,515 12-02-2009 02:29 AM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair