anti-theft
12-07-2004, 05:01 PM
anti-theft
Hey Guys,

With Dodo's car returned I started to realize how easy it is to actually steal our prices hachi's. Now luckely our cars are not (yet) high on the wishlist of the common car theif but I rather be safe then sorry.

How do you guys protect your cars from theft? Any tricks to immobilize the car? I don't like installing full alarm systems myself, but doing nothing isn't any good either...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
12-07-2004, 05:22 PM
anti-theft
get rid of your key...... use hotwiring. And make the cablesystem a complete mess Tongue
Noone will bother to try and steal it.......

I remember in my fathers Audi 100 he always used a screwdriver to start the car. I dont know what he did, I was 4 years old, but he never locked the doors. But I guess that this was a car not very atractive to theifs either Smile

Set in a "start" button that wont work, coz its the other button without any text that is the real start button.....! That is the best, guarantied no thefts!
12-07-2004, 05:25 PM
anti-theft
Hehehehe, well I'm not sure I want to abuse my car like that though...Smile

Still I had this collegue once who never locked her brand new BMW 318i and it never got stoled either. I still can't get my head around that one....Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

12-07-2004, 05:44 PM
anti-theft
My car is proptected by me being 2m tall and having the bucket seat bolted in to suit me. Most people can't reach the pedals !
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2004, 05:49 PM
anti-theft
JonT Wrote:My car is proptected by me being 2m tall and having the bucket seat bolted in to suit me. Most people can't reach the pedals !
Haha, don't drive it in Holland: it will get stolen very quickly then. Big Grin

Edit: bucketseats for 2m tall people is not a good way of protecting your car in a country full of 2m tall people. Wink
On the other hand: if you are really small, noone will steal your car because they can't turn the wheel. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - anti-theft]
12-07-2004, 05:49 PM
anti-theft
Hey Jon,

Do you even fit in a hachi?!?!? heheheSmile

That is a pretty good one though...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

12-07-2004, 09:52 PM
anti-theft
I have a Cobra Immobilizer in my car, some dane installed it.

Thinking of putting a hidden switch for ignition and fuel pump somwhere too.

Best Regards,

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - anti-theft]
12-07-2004, 10:39 PM
anti-theft
I have a stupid immobiliser system in my car that sometimes immobilises me as well.. But take peejays hachi for example, if they really want it, they just put in on a trailer and take it.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
12-07-2004, 10:43 PM
anti-theft
mux213 Wrote:Hey Guys,

With Dodo's car returned

U got it wrong, it was CeeDee car that was stolen

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - anti-theft]RX-8[Image: AEU86 AE86 - anti-theft] -- AE86 --
12-07-2004, 11:21 PM
anti-theft
I have a Lea 826 Immobilizer in my Hachi. If theres someone fiddeling with the car, it pages me on the transmitter. The reach is about 1000 meters in flat terrain, and about 500 meters in build areas. It also has a engine start, so the car is always defrosted and hot when i get into it Cool

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo