and im off AE86 trueno, Silvertop project, but wait SR5?
10-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Theres only 2 days in a weekend damir.. and usually thats enough time..

I've done most of my work in sunday nights so far Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2006, 11:01 AM
keep the good will and full throttle ahead!! Nice project! Respect!

SNO-MO-BIRU project started- CHIRO
10-12-2006, 11:04 AM
He mentioned the 4 day weekend LOL, not one of my inventions. I just recognise a lot of my own thinking in his messages...procrastinators-R-us. Get the thing finished asap and enjoy it..long term projects are...problematic sometimes.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
10-12-2006, 11:22 AM
me and a certain RX7 springs to mind

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-13-2006, 08:00 AM
NoHachi Wrote:With projects as these, if you keep waiting to "get" time, you'll probably sell an unfinished project in a year or so...Trust me, I came very near. The only way to finish it is to make time. Sometimes it seems that you need to wait on something to continue, but usually its just an excuse for avoiding work that you're uncertain of how to do. Like in your case the waterpump...those can be easily fitted and removed with the engine in the car, so no real reason to wait for one.
Invest a whole 4 day weekend and you'll make a lot of progress. The whole swap could be done in that much time, but if you can get her close to finished you'll feel a lot better.

NoHachi Wrote:He mentioned the 4 day weekend LOL, not one of my inventions. I just recognise a lot of my own thinking in his messages...procrastinators-R-us. Get the thing finished asap and enjoy it..long term projects are...problematic sometimes.

oh ye of little faith...

you gotta remember I am still a high school student in the middle of his junior year, I have homework, sports, fire dept trainning, and all that good stuff as well as not a whole lot of money with a money pit.

but trust me I won't sell this car.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Oh mate,

It sounds like you and i are in the same boat! I am also a high school student (I dont know how old being in your junior year makes you, but i am 16)

I have a genuine ae85, with a clapped out old 3au engine (1500cc carby). In the last few months in New Zealand i new regulation has been introduced saying that i cannot have visible exhaust smoke for 5 seconds or more. My car will never pass this. I am looking at swapping my 3au for a silvertop (or blacktop if i can afford one) and i assume that my conversion would be very similar to your's. So make sure you get working so i can copy you! Big Grin

If someone can answer in one post so i dont Hijack this thread too much, the compression in my engine is very healthy and i do not think the piston rings are fried, but it has just recently gone through 3 litres of oil in 2 months without leaking. I know it is burning oil but i dont know how.[/u]

Current Cars:
'86 SE82 FX GT
'88 NZ New KE70 Van (Daily)
10-13-2006, 09:46 AM
nztrueno,

Is that a law that they can give you a ticket on when a cop sees you at any given time or just at MOT?

If its just at MOT, make sure you show up with a warm engineBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Or throw in some heavier oil to stop it from consuming so much of it temporarily.
It probably leaks some oil past the valve seals..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-14-2006, 09:06 PM
It is both. I am just lucky that no cops have spotted me, or my cloud of white/grey/black smoke (depends on the day) that fills an intersection after i leave it. MMmm I think i will just get a new 3au engine for the meantime. I can get one for about $100.

But no more about my car, this is Evfan's thread.

Current Cars:
'86 SE82 FX GT
'88 NZ New KE70 Van (Daily)
10-19-2006, 10:35 PM
I got it started!

but the accelerator pump isn't working and I have flowmaster... I think that i'm gonna put on it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scuderia rollator CE86 trueno project NoHachi 136 147,615 04-15-2013 05:53 PM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair
  my slow trueno project cfly86 38 40,119 12-12-2012 04:35 AM
Last Post: cfly86
  My Drift project - 83' Trueno coupe doggy 158 263,013 10-23-2012 10:58 AM
Last Post: Lightning
  1986 Corolla SR5 S2k Build.... MIami style geoscranny84 16 21,253 04-26-2012 08:00 PM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair
  1987 sr5 project purplerain11 3 5,875 04-15-2012 03:34 AM
Last Post: purplerain11