aftermarket springs
05-02-2007, 10:02 PM
aftermarket springs
oldeskewltoy

Can you make some better pictures of that. Do you mean you have the bottom and top of the spring 'fixed' with straps?

I might try that for my rear axle to get through MOT if I haven't got my shortstrokes for the rear yet Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
05-03-2007, 10:04 AM
aftermarket springs
Mux213 Wrote:Hey max,

Cool! Have some more info about spring rates? Sounds like these are copies from the street springs, not the race springs? So they should fit nicely without doing any modifications other then some nice clean shocks?

Sounds like a nice deal!

According to my calculation, I assume that spring rate of front springs is approx. 2,2 kg/mm and rear is approx. 2,0 kg/mm. The front stock spring free height is 384mm. My new front spring has 310mm free height (no free play in the strut!) and 2 cm drop in ride height.
Those springs are better then stock, but it’s still far from real stiff suspension setup.
According to TRD bible, stock spring rates are: F 1,6 kg/mm R 1,85 kg/mm.

Fun is not the straight line!
05-04-2007, 12:27 AM
aftermarket springs
Mux213 Wrote:oldeskewltoy

Can you make some better pictures of that. Do you mean you have the bottom and top of the spring 'fixed' with straps?

I might try that for my rear axle to get through MOT if I haven't got my shortstrokes for the rear yet Smile

I have a strap 60mm wide, about a meter and a half long. I cut a hole in the strap in the middle(middle length, and middle width)I removed the small foam washer from the strut slipped the strap between the upper perch and the upper mount. I then compress the assembly with my mass(125kilos) the strap ends are then fitted inside 2 - 75mm stainless steel hose clamps fitted under the lower spring perch. The clamps are tightened once I get about 10mm of compression on the top of the unit.

Retention straps have been used for YEARS... All of the Amazon and 1800 model Volvos used retention straps on the rear suspension.......

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
05-04-2007, 08:08 AM
aftermarket springs
oldeskewltoy Wrote:Retention straps have been used for YEARS... All of the Amazon and 1800 model Volvos used retention straps on the rear suspension.......
I'm probably to young to know that Tongue

Great info! thanks!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HKS valve springs totta Crolla 3 1,577 05-25-2022 10:24 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy
  Aftermarket / Additional Foglights decryphe 6 8,024 07-08-2017 08:45 AM
Last Post: banpei
  Springs from other vehicles?? FanIsHere 16 13,065 05-17-2016 09:12 AM
Last Post: FanIsHere
  wiring aftermarket tachomete izanagi 7 8,426 05-21-2014 08:15 PM
Last Post: banpei
  3rd door support gas springs (stay) - worn out max_ae86 5 5,643 09-01-2013 03:20 PM
Last Post: Jezza_hr