Zandvoort saturday 16december
12-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Probably most of the people that actually visit these days already know this, but here goes:

Date: Saturday 16 december
Event: Open track day

The good:
Open trackday that may be visited by everyone. Short sessions for very cheap prices (20E/session of 20 mins). No racing car required, 2 seperate classes available: Touring for beginners and recreational drivers/ Sport for experienced drivers and fast cars. Usually there are instructors present that can drive along for 15E extra/session (cheap!).

The bad:
Tickets are available only on the day itself. Registration is not limited. Driving is only possible between 09:00 and 13:00. No insurance possible, so you are legible for any damage you inflict on track.

The ugly:
According to Mux, it can get very busy indeed. No restriction on the number of cars on track. Sadly, some people overestime their own ability.

Ivan and me will be there testing the CA86. Last chance of the year to drive your yota on a track in Holland!

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
12-05-2006, 05:00 PM
If I finish my own homebuild racer (bike Tongue ) in time I might come and have a look over there...
12-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Today was a bit of a dissapointment.. The trueno was too damn difficultto load/unload onto the trailer, so it took up so much of our time that we had to miss out on the trackdriving (on a very wet zandvoort I might add).
Had to miss out on our second heat too due to underinflated tyres.

That's what you get when you have no time to prepare.
Still, senna was out there in his white rx-7, driving some nice lines on the track.. later on we where joined by Chell, who only came to have a look around. Chewed the fat a little, and made some use of the fact that no one was watching the paddock area all day. Allmost everyone was out there drifting (or trying desperately to do so). So all in all, it was still a fun time at the track. Might be for the best that we didnt run it on track on street tires.. it's really tricky when boost comes in.

On a slightly darker note: on the way back in my moms car, someone couldnt live with the fact that we had to merge lanes in front of him (he was blocking us at first), and after he let us change lanes this guy overtook us on the bicycle-path and rammed us off the road, after which he made a quick getaway.
Dunno why this stuff only happens to my moms car, but we had a nice evening at the police office. They cought the little shit later since we memorised his plates, but they dont stand much chance to prosecute the idiot because it's our word against his, and the damage to our car is minimal.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-16-2006, 10:09 PM
next time i'll be there also and kicking ya azzz Tongue
today i was the driftschool instructeur@niederrhein,so no zandvoort for me,shame it was wet all the time

ivan,i have the solution for youre trailerbitch problem,but you know that already Thumbs up! let me know plz

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Zandvoort saturday 16december]

sr86 completed!!........漂うことのマスター!!!!
12-16-2006, 10:40 PM
check this little vid out to see why I would worry about driving a wet track...bizarre:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqxdj_wetrace

@Jasper, we'll let you know, pretty sure we'll take you up on that offer, but first things first: a new turbo and getting the rest worked out during the winter.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
12-17-2006, 04:32 PM
And you didn't have a camera at hand to take a picture immediately? Confused
Damn, I really hate such idiots. Saw a few weeks ago a bloke trying to ram another car while he was driving on the third lane. The victim just didn't go to the second lane quick enough according to the bloke. I mean come on: this is no Vice City or San Andreas you know. Banging head

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Zandvoort saturday 16december]
12-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Edit: [NoHachi@pc Ivan] The dude tha rammed us of the road has serious issues.. Luckily the Dutch mind your own buisiness attitude ensured us that there were no witnesses that stopped..big thanks Undecided
@Banpei..A picture wouldnt have made much of a difference..we got his license plate and an exact time. Not to mention that we were at the police office about 10 seconds after the event..but its difficult to prove these kinds of things,..especially if the damage isn't that big. He can just claim that he didn't notice ramming us off the road.

Quote:next time i'll be there also and kicking ya azzz Puh
today i was the driftschool instructeur@niederrhein,so no zandvoort for me,shame it was wet all the time

ivan,i have the solution for youre trailerbitch problem,but you know that already Thumbsup let me know plz

You probably would have kicked our asses this time...too bad for you, you won't get many other chances like this one. Let me know when you're instructing again at Niederrhein..will be a nice chance to learn the car better and you can get to compare the SR86 to our CA86.

Otherwise the day went pretty strange..lots of crap that prevented us from getting onto the track in time..damned thing is just to low to drive on and off a trailer. Luckily the organisation didn't keep an eye on the big paddock so Ivan, Chell, Senna and me got a couple of hours playtime.

It was my first time ever trying to drift...besides being totally gay, I guess it was pretty fun ;-) It didn't exactly help that it was also one of the first experiences with this car..lots of hp, very little front end grip (crap tires). Usually the LSD would guarantee that the car just plowed into understeer. Veeeery different feeling compared to my miata, which had so much front end grip that faint drift initiations were just peanuts.. However the suspension setup of the CA86 is excellent...its pretty easy to keep it sliding and the tankslapper (2nd drift...BIG probn'lem in the miata) was just too easy to controll..I was late with countersteering lots of times, but the car would just settle after recovery..very naish!

The oil cap popped off spilling some oil onto the tubbie and manifold..BIG clouds of smoke coming from the engine compartment, interior of the car (came in through the shifter opening) and exhaust too..must have looked..uhm...interesting. Car did look great on the starsharks though..They could use a spacer maybe but the shiny chrome and red really suits the black car..Sorry, no pictures..settings on the camera were bad so they all turned out crap :-(

After some time playing I managed to do some mini-drifts that wouldn't even impress a 10 year old.

The trackday could be described in one sentence: Too busy.. If this was a cold, rainy, saturday morning in december, then I just don't want to know how sessions in the summer months are. NOT recommended for novices.[/NoHachi@pc Ivan]

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
12-18-2006, 12:08 AM
Had some great fun saturday. Went there with Michiel to have some tracktime. We managed to do 7 heats on a very trick/wet zandvoort before a unlucky spin put us off the track into the gravel zone. We were towed out, but strange noises were coming from the brakes so we had to take them off to check things out. The amount of stones that managed to get between the bake pads and the disc was amazing. While putting the brakes back on Ivan, Nohachi and Chell joined us. The track was closing so we went to the paddock for some entertainment. Nohachi was so kind to give me some passenger time in the CE86, and didn't fail to leave me very impressed. This car is vicious! I think Nohachi is being a bit too modest about his driving, although i agree that much time will be needed to master that car. The Rx7 didn't do to bad in the wet, but it's obvious that having a proper suspension or a LSD wouldn't hurt. If your just a split second late with counter-steer the car is lost. Even so, I had a great time. NEXT ONE!

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  zondag vrij rijden zandvoort WIE!!!! jasper 5 6,053 06-13-2011 03:27 PM
Last Post: Chengie
  [dutch]Vrijrijden op zandvoort! :D The Doctor 51 38,733 02-16-2009 11:28 PM
Last Post: The Doctor
  Trackday Zandvoort 15-12-2007 DJexor 8 9,762 11-18-2008 08:08 PM
Last Post: E-volve
  Trackday zandvoort 8-8-2007 Mux213 18 15,294 02-10-2008 09:39 PM
Last Post: Gtsi-R
  Zandvoort 17-10-2007 Mux213 21 20,066 10-27-2007 07:05 PM