Your Thoughts....? for the sc12 pros...
07-05-2011, 12:37 AM
this is a topic we are talking about on club4ag
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=85789

i just wanted to know your thoughts on this idea

i know its to the xtreme but i think its brilliant if i can pull it off.......

is to weld top & botton aluminum boxes and tap in the engine's cooling system to draw away the heat soak constantly making the s/c more efficient and extending the life of it.....maybe out performing the twinscrew & centrifugal of equal power ?

more oxygen molecules would be available right out of the S/C furthering the cooling process at the intercooler .......you can tap into the idle control valve hoses

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Your Thoughts....? for the sc12 pros...]

Reppin' the old skool....Drive Drift Dream
Find all posts by this user
07-05-2011, 06:46 AM
My first reaction to this would be that the water from the engines cooling system is to hot to actually cool it down. I think you would need to make a seperate system like a water to air intercooler system...
07-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Sorry dude...won't work. Read up on what makes the roots less efficient then a twinscrew design and you'll see why.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
07-05-2011, 08:05 AM
bozu Wrote:My first reaction to this would be that the water from the engines cooling system is to hot to actually cool it down. I think you would need to make a seperate system like a water to air intercooler system...

yes... you can run a separate cooling system .i just thought of that to simplify things......besides using 180f or a 160f stat is lower than 200f the sc is pushing out on 10psi @ 15psi is about 250 f......plus you can thrown a mini radiator to cool things down further before entering the SC & i dont know how long those electric pumps lasts?

07-05-2011, 08:07 AM
NoHachi Wrote:Sorry dude...won't work. Read up on what makes the roots less efficient then a twinscrew design and you'll see why.

yes i read the pros & cons between root, twin, centi........root has the largest heat displacement...so im trying to figure out ways to work with what i have and beat the heat.....

07-05-2011, 10:41 AM
http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2010/06/29/...sscrew.pdf

You could read that for an idea of where and how chargers heat up air. I'm sorry but its not the intake housing heat that's transferred to the intake charge (air is in contact with the housing for milliseconds). The heat is 99% due to the second law of thermodynamics.

The only thing you can do to "beat the heat", is design the best intercooler system you can come up with. Buy Corky Bells book ''supercharged" if you want to learn more.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
NoHachi Wrote:http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2010/06/29/...sscrew.pdf

You could read that for an idea of where and how chargers heat up air. I'm sorry but its not the intake housing heat that's transferred to the intake charge (air is in contact with the housing for milliseconds). The heat is 99% due to the second law of thermodynamics.

The only thing you can do to "beat the heat", is design the best intercooler system you can come up with. Buy Corky Bells book ''supercharged" if you want to learn more.

i understand that the air stays in for a few mil sec.....but the housing does get hot......i figured cooling it down would be a good thing especially running on 15psi ..... i been interested in twinscrews but i never found one that fits the 4agze with out a tons headaches and mods to make it work....

on the intercooler i been working on that as well....

from club 4ag"
i also forgot to mention.....i purchased this piece its from a airplane....it measures before / after intercooler temperatures and it shows you the difference ...-70 - 300f ....its super accurate its has to be we dont want planes falling from the skies...lol and weighs only 4oz....$300.......i thought it would be a great idea too know what ever cooling mod like intercooler size water sprayer, cryo's you do will benefit or not and how out ambient temps affect the car

also i believe you MUST have baffles in your intercooler when dealing with the sc12 or any type of boost to obtain maximum cooling .............air is like water.....it will find the path of least resistance....the sc12 throws out hot air even hotter at 15psi.....to gain HP you will need to get a denser air charge /more oxygen molecules..that is the job of the intecooler so having a good & a right size one makes a difference
here is a drawing i did:

NO Baffles

VS.

With Baffles

the air is better distributed so cooling effect will be greater thus producing more power

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo How to add photos to your posts banpei 2 4,155 01-17-2022 10:31 PM
Last Post: banpei
  what is your opinions on these head gaskets... CHOPKIN2 5 5,175 04-09-2018 05:29 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  KE70 - need your help! zemosh 2 5,041 03-19-2015 07:42 PM
Last Post: willy
  Thoughts about new site + poll MC_JP 26 22,653 05-06-2014 07:36 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Need your help,looking for a rallcar thats looks like this ditn 17 19,332 04-11-2013 07:13 PM
Last Post: ditn