Yet another danish dude....
09-16-2004, 02:37 AM
Hi guys....got an e-mail from ivan today, and he introduced me to this site, which is all news to me. Cool, finally a place where my Hachi can feel at home. Don´t get me wrong, I love Club4ag.com, but they have got to much of a family-thing going to really include new members.
I allready know alot of the members in here, but to those who don´t know me i´m a 30year old aircraft technician, and I just bought my first AE86 6months ago after having them all around me among friends. Got a super deal on the ae86, but it definetly needs some rust work. But the tech is really hardcore with Schrick cams, 8/6 Kg TRD springs, adjustable Konis, T3 NCRCA´s, T3 Tri-bar, T3 adjustable camber plates, black diamond slotted brake discs, black diamond stainless steel exhaust incl. manifold and a wonderful Magnum bucket seat with TRD 4-point belts.
Let me know what you think.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Yet another danish dude....]
Find all posts by this user
09-16-2004, 08:00 AM
Hi Peter!

Welcome mate! That looks like a nice car, sure sounds like itSmile

Denmark is getting more and more represented in here, good good!Smile

It would be nice if we get a good family spirit on this forum aswell, it sure seems like people are getting along pretty well on here. But we should always be welcoming new people, we were all new at one point. I have noticed on club4ag they take little notice of new people over there indeed. Its a real shame. But for us it was the fact that it is really America targetted that we thought we really need something for us Europians.

So here we are at http://www.trueno.org / http://www.aeu86.org

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
09-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Nice car Peter! Nice to see another dane Smile

aeu86.org -> clever name Wink

En skam du ikke kom til vores træf, det var sku hyggeligt!

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2004, 08:09 AM
Jan, yeah levin.org is takenSad that would be most appropriate here in europa. ae86 is taken, aeu86 was free and it was a nice way to point out that we are a europian forum. Not that we would try to keep out any other people, americans, japanese, australians, middle east, you name it, they are just as welcome here. But Europian is our targetSmile

Owh please keep non-english in the regional forumsSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-16-2004, 09:15 AM
Welcome Peter!

Your car looks awesome! Really nice colorscheme (especially the red stripe on the front). Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
09-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Ok, Ill do that! But the "Prothane bushings group buy (Netherlands only)" thread is non-english and not a regional forum so I just thought it was alright Smile Besides this is only a little greeting, not an entire thread...

09-16-2004, 09:16 AM
And once again a really nice car from the boys from the north...

Welcome to the forums Peter!

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Peter, you are right. The buy and sell is a bit of a gray area though. Problem is that if you are selling something within your country its usually not very interesting for people living in other countries. If you're willing to ship things outside of your country using english is prefered.

We're not very strict with these rules anyways. We just dont want whole discussions in the general threads in another language, the occasional remark we will ignore. This however is a first accurance so you're being made an example to make a pointSmile Smile Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Jan Pedersen Wrote:Ok, Ill do that! But the "Prothane bushings group buy (Netherlands only)" thread is non-english and not a regional forum so I just thought it was alright Smile Besides this is only a little greeting, not an entire thread...
"The Prothane brushings group buy" is placed in the buy/sell because otherwise non-members can read the topic, not that non members reading the topic is a big issue. Since it's a Dutch group-buy (inkoopaktie) I do not have a problem with Dutch in the topic, but according to the rules it should not be allowed. You are definetly right, so I'll move the topic to the Dutch regional forum but Mux and I agreed upon allowing regional languages for the regional group-buys. Confused

About short greetings: I don't have a problem with that, just as I don't have a problem with accidental "non-english" postings outside the regional forums: I forget posting in English as well from time to time... (especially when picking on Mux) Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
09-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Quote:I forget posting in English as well from time to time... (especially when picking on Mux)
If you are picking on someone make sure to keep it in english - otherwise I cant join in Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello everybody....New dude on the block kennedy8383 7 6,115 06-02-2011 03:12 AM
Last Post: kennedy8383
  im new havent got a clue yet :D have an 85 trueno irish ae86 12 10,448 03-22-2011 07:16 PM
Last Post: Eric
  And yet another AE86 from portugal :) jnr 3 4,993 03-17-2010 09:55 PM
Last Post: CanaryTwincam
  new dude from ireland stephen bawn 11 7,893 02-01-2008 09:50 AM
Last Post: banpei
  Dude from Germany! :-) momo-gt 9 6,647 04-10-2007 10:38 AM
Last Post: momo-gt