Witch one to buy?(Bushings)
11-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Hi im looking for some bushings, but witch one should i buy? TRD, Powerflex or ebay-prothane??? Or maybe some other? Please help me Thumbs up!

/Jack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Zounds,

Wait till next year and buy aeu86-prothane Big Grin

TRD is probably best quality you can buy, last longest, good ride quality, but you do pay the price. Biggest problem with TRD is that they are harder to get within Europa.

Powerflex will cost you around the same if not more then TRD. I don't have any experience with these bushes but from what I've heard quality is excelent. I would go for TRD though, the only reason for me to chose powerflex would be their availability in Europa.

Prothane we do have alot of experience with and these so far have not let us down. They are lower quality in the sence that they will not last as long as TRD bushes and you will have to replace them more quickly. How quick really depends on how you drive. I've had prothane bushes on my car for the past 2 years, 40k km including mild track abuse and they're still in good shape. At 1/3rd the price of TRD bushes I think they are good value for money.
As for buying them from ebay, well thats really a gamble, there are good ebay sellers and there are bad ebay sellers (check another thread on this board about one BAD ebay-prothane seller named Prothane (I think) that didn't deliver). The alternative is ordering them though Todd at tm-enginering, we've bought from him before and he's always delivered allthough last time his price went up and we didn't fullfill the group buy.

And there's the start of 2007 thing I already hinted at, but since I'm already bending forum rules here you'll have to wait until we properly announce that on this forum in the right spot.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
11-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Mux213 Wrote:And there's the start of 2007 thing I already hinted at, but since I'm already bending forum rules here you'll have to wait until we properly announce that on this forum in the right spot.

i'm waiting on what you guys will have in STORE for us :wink:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poly vs OEM bushings Jezza_hr 5 6,892 05-14-2014 11:28 PM
Last Post: Jezza_hr
  Steering Rack bushings filh 4 5,569 03-12-2010 10:45 PM
Last Post: filh
  Drivers review Prothane Bushings Michel 11 15,813 04-13-2008 05:57 PM
Last Post: Mux213
  Bushings!:) Mux213 57 58,078 05-16-2007 02:12 PM
Last Post: Mux213