Why an 86?
04-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Why an 86?
Don't know if the question ever asked?

But wanna know? most of us own an ae86(or many) since years but how did you know this car and why is the reason you bought one??

Me first... i wanted a rwd japanese car since i got my license in 98 and wanna a s13 but discovered a little toy driftin is some jap videos and in 2001 begin researching an 86...found in 2003.
Find all posts by this user
04-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Why an 86?
Because....

it is...

the Corolla GT,

the AE86,

the HachiRoku!

Drive one and you 'll know :wink:

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Why an 86?] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Why an 86?
I'm driven one since 3 years.... i know

i'm convinced by the qualities of the car

but what i wanted to know is how you have discovered this car that hasn't be selling so much in europe
04-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Why an 86?
I think we had this subject several times. Wink

Me? Because I am the admin, and admins need an ae86 to administrate the aeu86 domains. >Smile

Seriously: just love the car too much not to own one. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Why an 86?]
04-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Why an 86?
sorry to have asked again this kind of question

i don't have read all the posts

gomenasai
04-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Why an 86?
dollykean Wrote:sorry to have asked again this kind of question

i don't have read all the posts

gomenasai
No problem. The other topics are probably long gone and forgotten. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Why an 86?]
04-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Why an 86?
Being quite young and naive and a gamer-holic, my love of the AE86 came back when Gran Turismo was a new game to be had on the original playstation. It was a great money earner in the game but thats all I considered it to be.

Fast forward a few years later and I now find my urge to drive has risen, especially since my sister has now become an officially licensed driving instructor (hence cheap prices). Looking for a first car to be modified and enjoyable, I consider searching for a RWD car thats not too heavy on insurance and realistic. It had to also be Japanese, purely because of engine build and well...they have character.

The AE86 wasn't in my mind at all and a 200SX was looking a bit of a hard one to insure. Suddenly pops up in my local arcade Initial D arcade stage (cliche I know. Initial D being the answer to every young AE86 owner. However I have good intentions) I was curious as to why the AE86 was the feature car and researched it a bit more, to find some amazing opinions on the cars driveability. I suddenly found the car was essentially everything I could ask for with short supply being an issue and cost being relatively high, I set out for one as insurance would be more realistic than a 1.8 turbo and anything ford had on offer didn't appeal to me.

I now sit here happily in the AE86 stable with a great bunch of people offering helpful advice and a great community for a great car. Thumbs up!
04-20-2006, 12:01 AM
Why an 86?
Unfortunately, Initial D made me want one, but I didn't trully figure out how great these cars are until I owned one.

I've had alot of cars with much more power then the hachi roku, but few have had the fun factor that comes with this car.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Why an 86?
Like Jezza i first met this car in Gran Turismo 3. Its a prize car for the first sunday cup you win. And since it looked a bit oldy and after "testing" the car in the game, and upon the discovery it is neither fast nor great handling i sold it right away.. then perhaps 2 years later enter drifting, enter interest in japan and everything japanese (especially cars).. Seeing this car preform and reading owners opinions it really caught my attention. Then as i learned more about cars i developed a sense of what i would like from my car. Hachi nailed every dot. It was light, FR, simple, crude, hi-rev responsive NA engine it had LSD, wasnt expensive, not like everything on the roads today, and on top had a great "legendary" spirit. Then only maybe a year ago i heard about Initial D, which funny as it may hear, sealed the deal. I searched long and hard and found 1 in pieces after a year or so.. so my hachilife begun. Thumbs up!
04-20-2006, 02:18 AM
Why an 86?
i saw this car for the first time on frontpage of czechoslovakian car magazine called "stop" in 1983, it was yellow gtv style hatchback with flatblack bumpers and i think pizza cutters. it was tested in this magazine.
i was little brat and found nothing special on this car, it was the year of audi S quattro and R5turbo and another beasts(the 930turbo was still in production). even the skoda 130lr liked i much more.
I saw hachi (and guattro+lot of skodas 130) on barum rallye it was in 85?
Then in 1987 i noticed in magazines that A.Charouz won A gr. 1600 on hachi and Then i forgott totaly about it.
Another dream cars came on, but then i saw initial D manga and: what the hell is this toreno. litlle david that compete against goliats thanks his lightness and balance. we have search the internet and found BMI with dorikin and found it is corolla GT!!! it looks totaly diferent from my kids imaginations. in this time i give up the idea to make the skoda faster and searched on reliable cheap good balanced rwd, i came around mx5,rx7(too expensive) old bimers,200sx but this car was become the crown prince between the candidates Smile with his good build bda based engine, primitive suspension and little bit practicality.

and then when you have chance to sit in this car and drive it, hear the engine you are destined to bee ae86fanatic Big Grin
i think this magic have also some porsches or lotus but....

sorry for this roman and my poor english Wink

http://www.86ers.org
All the hachies that Daytona can only dream about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ever wondered why ae86's are hard to find? nzae86 9 9,509 05-22-2008 10:35 PM
Last Post: fly
  Why would Toyota be advertising the AE86 in 2007?? oldeskewltoy 48 34,687 10-01-2007 03:28 PM
Last Post: DJexor
  Why can't we delete our own posts? Widar 24 16,965 05-13-2005 04:59 PM
Last Post: banpei