Who makes what parts
11-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Who makes what parts
Hey all been looking round for stuff to modify my first 86 when i get it
I am looking at a red one for £5500red one I buy that I dont need to worry about most stuff right away
butt here is Also a bog standard one on E-bay white and back for £4700 which has really cought my eye always wanteda white one,but i would ave to spend the money to get everything bought. can fit it all myself its just buying it
what to do what to do

if i buy the white one i will still have £2500 left to play with

white one

back to original question. who makes what and where can i get the stuff as I cant see bugger all on the net
Find all posts by this user
11-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Who makes what parts
[u:dfa7388cc6]This[/u:dfa7388cc6] thread has shops that carry everything from lexan hatch windows, all the way to radiatior caps. I'm sure you can find what you need in the shops on that list.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Who makes what parts
cheers Evil3elf
found something interesting already
Toyota 4A-GE
20v Black Top
http://www.jbmotorsport.co.uk/productssimple5.html

how had is it to fit one of these engines or is it fairly straiht forward. does it overly affect the handling of the car or is it fine?

what scope is there for further modifications to the engine once this has been done

i notice they also seen the bell housing for the supra gear box is this as straight forward as i have heard some people say or isnt it as easy as that
there with those 2 i just blew 1500 quid tasty then have to get a supra gearbox as well shaping p nice wouldny you say
11-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Who makes what parts
Both cars are basicly same...
I 'd say go for the white one

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Who makes what parts] http://www.jdmbits.com
11-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Who makes what parts
yeah i made that decision bout 5 minutes after i posted this

next question has been posted above is it worth doing that work or not
11-09-2005, 01:11 AM
Who makes what parts
The Big Yin Wrote:next question has been posted above is it worth doing that work or not

If you even have that question in your head I question how much you like the hachi Wink.
11-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Who makes what parts
Evil3lf Wrote:
The Big Yin Wrote:next question has been posted above is it worth doing that work or not

If you even have that question in your head I question how much you like the hachi Wink.

u mean that in a good way or a bad way lol,
i think it looks like an interesting conversion but is it worth the time and effort of doing the work,
i always have like the 86 even since before i seen Initial D but i am also looking for a way to make the car mine @ the same time
11-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Who makes what parts
Here in Greece we have a saying:
"Akoma den ton eidame, Gianni ton vaptisame"
which means:
"He is not even borned yet, and you named him John",
if you know what I mean...

Have you ever driven a Hachi?
Have you got enough RWD experience?

These are the first questions coming to my mind...

I say, get yourself one of those two nice Hachi's,
drive her, drift her, love her, take care of her, keep her for a while...

When you do that, and u still wanna tune her, do some small stuf to the engine like an air filter or an exhaust and focus to suspension tuning, chassis stifness improvment, brake improvment, even do some styling tuning if that suits you...

Then, when you 're sure, go and get a nice 20V or GZE, or RB20DET or whatever you like... :wink:

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Who makes what parts] http://www.jdmbits.com
11-09-2005, 01:48 AM
Who makes what parts
hmm
1 never driven a hachi
2 never owned a RWD car i'm only 21 were in an age of FWD now
i would probably have done exaust and filter along wit coilovers as first mods anyway

styling no thanks standrad look is good, maybe one or 2 subtle things splitter and a black bonnet Big Grin maybe a CF one if I can afford it

this is going to be an everyday car

and i am buyingf it in the middle of winter
11-09-2005, 03:05 AM
Who makes what parts
I dont know if the one at Driftworks is import or not but if it isn't then it would probably be cheaper to insure.