Which setup for drifting...?
07-23-2006, 12:09 AM
GSMUnlockDK Wrote:...
Mux,
yes - driver drifts - not car Smile I saw all video from Zax I found - he is good.

To fight a car to drift or just enjoy slight oversteer setup - the choice is yours. GSMUnlockDK wants some setup for drifting - so I gave him a little oversteer setup, not dangerous, usable for drift, autocross and daily driving - we cannot throw away car modifying just to be good drivers. To drift stock car is fun - to drift modified car is more fun Smile

84' AE86 Levin
96' 500HP WRX, powered by landikar
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Which setup for drifting...?]
Find all posts by this user
07-23-2006, 01:19 AM
maggkrabar, don't get me wrong, your suggestions are greatSmile Only thing I want to point out is that its not needed to go overboard, everyone has an idea about what a perfect drift setup for a hachi is but probably nobody can afford itBig Grin

So the point I just wanne make is, if you wanne learn this sport and just wanne have some fun, just make sure your car is in good shape and you'll do fine. If you wanne go pro, well thats a whole different storyBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
07-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Hello everybody, I'm new to this board but would like to ad my 2p as well Smile

IMHO the only thing needed on a stock 86 to start some fun drifting is to replace the bushes (if they are completly shagged) the rest is practice... as for having it easier to get the backend out... go out at rain or inflate the rear tires more, this will reduce contact patch and therefor less grip (start with ~.2 bar above normal and add more if needed, depends a lot on the tire make and model you use).

I had an S13 before (210hp@fly) which I made a bit more modifications but more for grip driving and because the tires always rubbed on the arches when I was drifting hard...
I agree with noHachi that if you learn to drift and control the stock car you'll be learning more and faster compared to a overpowered car where you just floor it and it's starts to powerdrift...

I'm building up my other S13 to an allout driftcar but I learn on the 86...

@maggkrabar: IMHO 200hp is just fine with the 86 (with few modifications to the chassis) - previous owner of my 86 competes in hillclimbs with his 86 http://dasracingteam.ch/team/andreas.htm

i'll continue now reading through the board as I have loads to find out and make my mind up as well
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  front setup gtapex 2 7,532 12-11-2016 06:27 AM
Last Post: fantapants
  Drift setup, choices on a budget ggrahl 13 22,304 05-28-2013 05:32 PM
Last Post: Rascal21
  Drifting with stock power on the dry AshCampbell 47 54,731 05-23-2012 02:22 PM
Last Post: phill 92
  Best setup for drifting... Okami 68 84,161 01-19-2012 11:20 PM
Last Post: Okami
  Drifting Lelystad New Vid check bottom Okami 9 15,885 03-14-2011 10:47 PM
Last Post: Okami