Which engine is in the trueno after the breakdown?
08-23-2005, 10:07 AM
[quote="Donut"]I'd say like this. If I was a rich boy that had like too much money. I'd buy your car and keep it for you. Nope not even take it for a spin. It seems like you've worked so hard for this and have to sell it. It make me all teary T_T.

Is all black limited a 101 engine ? Is that the one that revs to 11000 rpm according to Initial D and give's out 250ps.

When I saw your bay you had turbo also in it O_o. But the power seemed to be similair to an regulair AE92 engine. What's up with that

Quote:i think i have seen it and they put some racing engine bunta has been keeping
Find all posts by this user
08-27-2005, 12:06 AM
bunta has been keeping a Suzuki Racing engine and it has way more grip than the old engine
08-27-2005, 10:06 AM
White comet,

Suzuki racing engine? WTF are you brabling about!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
08-30-2005, 01:21 AM
I thought it was supposed to be based off of a Formula Toyota engine(not to beconfused with the toyota atlantic which uses a 16v 4ag).
*shrugs

some fanboy I am. lol

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Which engine is in the true...breakdown?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-30-2005, 09:19 AM
NickBW Wrote:I thought it was supposed to be based off of a Formula Toyota engine(not to beconfused with the toyota atlantic which uses a 16v 4ag).
*shrugs

some fanboy I am. lol
Well, in the last translated chapters from the Initial D Manga they talk about the engine being a TRD tuned engine. But then again: the manga is translated by fanboys too. Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Which engine is in the true...breakdown?]
08-30-2005, 10:09 AM
White Comet Wrote:bunta has been keeping a Suzuki Racing engine and it has way more grip than the old engine

Suzuki? Engine? Grip?

Have I missed somthing? Huh

still no 86
08-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Although I dont really care much for this subject of debate it is highly likely that they took their inspiration from Iida Akira's Group A 20v engine build. After all, Tsuchiya was also involved in Initial D, and they know each other well.
I have the dvd of that build at home.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-28-2005, 07:56 AM
Well it has been said several times already, most recently by Ivan but ah well... I bothered to check the DVDs.

Initial D 3rd Stage (the Movie) The scene where Takahashi Keisuke and Ryousuke are talking about Takumi going to Irohazaka to race Kyouichi:

Ryousuke: "Bla bla that I cant follow, but he saids he heard of a strange engine"
Keisuke: "Myou na ENJIN?"
Ryousuke: "Ima nakunateru kedo, mukashi GURUUPU A toukyuu TSUURINGU KAA REESU sakan datta. Oboete darou?"
Keisuke: "Masaka! GURUUPU A no ENJIN (engine) na no ka?"
Ryousuke: "Jitsuhaku, ma chigainai hazu da. GURUUPU A no AE101 [...] "

Translation:

Ryousuke: "Bla bla that I cant follow, but he saids he heard of a strange engine"
Keisuke: "An unusual engine?"
Ryousuke: "Now it is no longer there but, in the past the Group A class for touring car racing was popular. You remember, right?"
Keisuke: "No way! A group A engine?"
Ryousuke: "As a matter of fact, there is no mistaking it, it should be so. Group A's AE101 [...]"

Found it kinda hard to follow to the word after that, but it should be clear, he does mention TRD later on in that last sentence I cut off.

So yea, it IS that engine, since it also goes to 11,000 RPM etc. and they even mention it's been tuned down for treet-use (just like Iida's though I guess it was more for reliability, doubt he'd he'd wear down that uberengine too much on the streets Smile )

(My Japanese sucks, so there might be some errors since I just tried to listen it out for lack of a transliteration by someone skilled, but ah well... the conclusion should be clear. Smile )
09-28-2005, 01:31 PM
but a race engine like that (beeing actually tuned to 250 hp) needs rebuilding after each race or so.. Iida Akira detuned his engine to some 200 hp to make it more reliable for every day street use. I cant imagine someone using a fully tuned, race spec GroupA 4age for every day tofu deliveries. =)
10-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Crovax Wrote:So yea, it IS that engine, since it also goes to 11,000 RPM etc. and they even mention it's been tuned down for street-use (just like Iida's though I guess it was more for reliability, doubt he'd he'd wear down that uberengine too much on the streets Smile )

Perhaps it was not clear, but I meant they mention it in that conversation in the anime. =P

Though even then, I have to agree its hard to imagine someone using such an engine for Toufu delivieries, no matter how much it's been tuned down. But then again... 1. He does very seriously race it on the downhill as a form of training, there'll be some more mention of this in 4th stage if you watch it. And of course 2... it's just an anime. ^_^