Wheels...
09-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Wheels...
I have been confused for a while on which wheels will be able to fit the AE86...
Currently on my car, there's 205/50-15 rubber on 15" wheels (unknown width). They aren't that nice anymore (although I like the looks), and I'm thinking of replacing them in the future.
I have heard that the original wheels are ET (offset) 21...
The proprietor of my local aftermarket car parts shop says that it has different offsets for front and rear (this is corrobotated by other people on the web), but he wasn't sure what they were exactly.

So, how large wheels (max diameter, max width) can one fit on the '86, and what should the offset be?
I am perfectly aware that 15" gives the best handling, but I would still like to know what the limits are in each direction (I'm curious) ;-)

Peugeot 206 1.6 XT - 09/2003
Toyota Corolla GT Coupé - 09/1984
Yonzie - 09/1980
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2004, 12:50 AM
Wheels...
I like 14's (or 15's max) on the AE86.

Something like 14x8 in 0 to -10mm offset would fill the arches nicely without going too wide. A 185/60 tyre will stretch nicely over an 8" rim to give a stiffer sidewall and more direct, sharper feel.

I don't know much about big rims, since I have no interest in them, but if you want to run a lower ride height, they are a no-no.

Doing some simple mods to the inner arch seam lip and the bumper-to-fender tab will give a little more clearance, as will adding neg camber and binning the rust promoting plastic wheel arch trims...
Find all posts by this user
09-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Wheels...
offset 25 around but not more than 6J

best is lower than 20 around 15 or 10

you almost cannot get any rimms altough Konig has a set of rewinds which looks like a set of watanabe rims :-)

original wheels are 21 the 14" and also the 15" are offset 21 with 6J

don't go higher 25 in front can give problems you can put et/ offset 30 on the back

:-) the dish for the spring give the front most problems

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
10-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Wheels...
robokill Wrote:you almost cannot get any rimms altough Konig has a set of rewinds which looks like a set of watanabe rims :-)

the konig wheels are very Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

who delivers that wheels in netherlands??
10-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Wheels...
[quote="20vWill"]

Something like 14x8 in 0 to -10mm offset would fill the arches nicely without going too wide. A 185/60 tyre will stretch nicely over an 8" rim to give a stiffer sidewall and more direct, sharper feel.
[quote]

Will.

i find this somewhat of a problem... since there are several
different max - widths that are said to fit the rear of the Hachiroku.

I had 13x7,5 last year with slicks... slicks were 210/58-13
they rubbed the dampr & the fender....

Then i had Yokohama O32R´s 225/50-15 on 15x7.. they did not rub anywhere...
STRANGE:

kris......

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user