Thread Closed 
VEMS discussion
11-23-2006, 11:32 AM
VEMS discussion
I thought you had more like 300+ degree cams alimonos.

Quote:On a sidenote I have discovered that I was in fact sent the wrong cams and these cams were not kk101 cams but in fact something else probably with duration around the 300 mark. I guess there are drawbacks to buying things used off the internet but I figured the guy I bought them from (he owns the Mr2 board) would have known what he was sending me. As I did not know what these were I give my apologies to Alimonos who I then sold them to still thinking they were kk101's.

I wouldn't be to amazed that it isn't running very well on the AFC.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
11-23-2006, 12:05 PM
VEMS discussion
what ???????????

AE86 FANATIC!!!
11-23-2006, 12:17 PM
VEMS discussion
i am running them with 3degrees advance from the stock mark ...
What do you advise me to do now ? should i go 3-4 degrees more ?
Banging head Banging head

AE86 FANATIC!!!
11-23-2006, 12:18 PM
VEMS discussion
I hope this subject is not getting annoying. I just read somethings about the greddy e-manage unit. New, at ebay, it runs around £420.

From what I can understand, it comes with specific AE86 wiring harness.

- E-MANAGE piggy-back engine management unit;
- INJECTOR HARNESS (for main and sub. inj. control);
- IGNITION HARNESS (for ignition timing control);
- SUPPORT TOOL, program CD w/ spl. cable.

That said, I'm just too confused to what are this unit's capabilities. Looks like it can handle injection and ignition. That would be very nice.

Anyway, I can't find noone who has already had this unit running with a 4A-GE.

Best regards

PS: Watch out for those Off-Topics.
11-23-2006, 01:03 PM
VEMS discussion
Its not too offtopic...your situations are very different if the cams are very different. Just trying to prevent misinformation.
For 430 pounds I would just go straight to the VEMS (or if you are technically inclined a Megasquirt, both are very similar despite what people want you to think).

The standalone will net you wide band lambda support, closed loop selftuning, and lots and lots of small little options (traction controll, boost controll etc etc).

Both are available with 4A-GE harnesses and both have a wide support base with online forums.

NA tuning without a proper ECU is just a joke.

11-23-2006, 06:00 PM
VEMS discussion
NoHachi
I wouldnt say its a joke, but indeed theres advantages in a fully-programmable ECU.

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
11-23-2006, 07:21 PM
VEMS discussion
apardal Wrote:- E-MANAGE piggy-back engine management unit
If you're going to get an e-Manage, make sure it's the e-Manage Ultimate and not the old blue one. Ultimate is a lot better unit and is about as close to a standalone you can get without actually going for a standalone system. I just sold my Ultimate for 400€ including all the harnesses so £420 for the old blue one is thievery. Wink The Ultimate costs $499 USD as new and the wiring harness is $90 USD - the software and USB cable are included with the unit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-23-2006, 10:28 PM
VEMS discussion
NoHachi Wrote:Both are available with 4A-GE harnesses and both have a wide support base with online forums.

Where I can find wide support base for VEMS ? I already dig in vems-group.org but this is very narrow base IMHO (esp. compared with MS).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-24-2006, 12:52 AM
VEMS discussion
There is the english guy doing 4age kits as a commercial venture. One of the beautifull things of buying from a company is that they get to sort out your problems...probably the best idea anyway for 99% of the people on this forum.

MS requiers a larger nerd factor..but both ecu's are 90% the same as far as capabilities and specifications go.

11-24-2006, 01:28 AM
VEMS discussion
http://www.vems.co.uk

like i've said, talk to rob.........he will sort any issues you have quite easily.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VEMS V3 Users feedback... jondee86 12 14,471 09-08-2018 03:56 PM
Last Post: conal g
  co idle mixture - discussion Apsogos 12 11,761 07-13-2012 02:31 PM
Last Post: Apsogos
  intake runner lenght with ITBs discussion Bean 30 39,437 03-27-2010 07:45 AM
Last Post: 4000GT
  4AGE engine tuning discussion robokill 61 63,990 07-01-2008 03:41 PM
Last Post: Miguel - Newera
  High engine oil temps - oil cooler discussion SutteR 28 20,650 06-08-2008 11:23 PM
Last Post: eight-six