USHey
02-03-2007, 02:56 AM
USHey
Seattle, Wa... I joined in December, but just recently started cruising around.
Find all posts by this user
02-03-2007, 12:42 PM
USHey
Whow,

Really is growing around here Big Grin

Coolest!

Welcome people!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
02-05-2007, 09:45 PM
USHey
Mux213 Wrote:Whow,

Really is growing around here Big Grin

Coolest!

Welcome people!

More traffic is always good. Though I think some of it comes from the lack of c4ag being up Sad

Andrew
02-09-2007, 05:33 PM
USHey
I just bought a 86 and i have been tuning it up but it dosent seem to be that good of a car. dont get me wrong it is a great begginer drifting car but after a while you need a lot more power then the 86 can ever put out. does anybody have any ideas i can do to my car to make it up to my specs. 2's
02-09-2007, 05:39 PM
USHey
I also have a 1989 240sx completly decked out for drifting.

it has:
v8 LS1 from a 2003 Camaro SS
Decked out TEIN suspension
cat-back exaust system
Custom headers
supercharged
100% lock lsd
custom rearend
short throw shifter 6 speed
and stage 6 clutch

I took it to the shop last saturday and hooked it up to a computer and i am running a little over 650hp.
02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
USHey
Arkadia Racing Developmen Wrote:I just bought a 86 and i have been tuning it up but it dosent seem to be that good of a car. dont get me wrong it is a great begginer drifting car but after a while you need a lot more power then the 86 can ever put out. does anybody have any ideas i can do to my car to make it up to my specs. 2's
The hachiroku is a bit underpowered but with some nice suspension mods people can do amazing things with it. Check out the homebrew media and drifting sections on this forum for movies and you'll see what I mean. So I would suggest, if you really think the hachi is to underpowered to drift properly, maybe practice a bit more Big Grin The driver in the end,is more important then the car...

Offcourse if you do competition, to keep up in speed with some of the big boys, well you're gonne come up short. Well unless your name is Ueo Big Grin (search for that name on youtubeBig Grin)

As for engine tuning, look around in the technical and project sections of this forum. Plenty of work being done in that area. IanG's project thread is interesting, he's swapping an S2000 engine in his car. To much power really. Also PNut and TE71Corolla both have gone blacktop route, which is nice to, though TE71Corolla is now putting some nissan junkin there :lol:.

Also take a look at some of our australian friends threads, really some nice stuff going on there.

Finally, look back in the old history of this site for a project thread by some guy called Zax. He's now drifting a S13 but before that he was very active with stock warn down engined AE86 with just a few suspension mods. Some crazy movies showing a hachi roku can definately drift...

And there is plenty more Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

02-09-2007, 06:39 PM
USHey
Supercharged 240sx? Got to see pics of that! Got any pics of your hachi and 240sx? Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - USHey]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2007, 07:29 AM
USHey
For the better or the worse - I am in the US and i do own a Trueno Hatchback. It's only natural that many US hachifans are going to join in, considering the main US forum club4ag is down, possibly for good...
02-10-2007, 09:53 AM
USHey
domi Wrote:For the better or the worse - I am in the US and i do own a Trueno Hatchback. It's only natural that many US hachifans are going to join in, considering the main US forum club4ag is down, possibly for good...
Domi, your all very welcome mate Big Grin I hope you enjoy your time here. Its interesting to see though how different our communities are in certain respects. But that also makes it fun Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

02-10-2007, 11:06 PM
USHey
bay area california here. yeah its a drag club4ag is down. anyone else want to list there sites they frequent that are ae86 related? I know there is hachiroku both net and com. any others?