Tomei Powered is listening
03-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Hi Fellow Toyota owners and lovers.

I'm just starting up this new thread to help get your feedbacks and opinions to one of the well known Japanese manufacturers, right here in Tokyo.

Since language is a common barrier, I thought I'd help bridge that gap.

So please feel free to let me know what you are all wanting from a Japanese manufacturer and I'll get you all updated on the latest news on new developments as well.

As some of you may already know, Tomei has announced that there will be more products released for the 4AGE engines AND a few other items for the AE86 are possible.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Tomei Powered is listening]

so, let me hear it here or PM me.

-- JailBait --

Bait me!
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2011, 06:59 AM
an update of the site infos would be nice as most infos are 8 years old...
i.e. the crank for the AE86 says discontinued, is it still? More detailed info on weight of parts (pistons and conrods).

That should do it for the moment Smile

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2011, 10:42 AM
thanks Bean Bandit,
the crank has been discontinued but if the right amount of order comes through from our dealers we can get some made.

There is a new crankshaft design ready for a stroker kit. That will be made in the near future.

-- JailBait --

Bait me!
07-05-2011, 08:47 AM
in the US we are in desperate need of exhaust manifolds....for N/A & Turbo applications.......either they are way expensive $ 1k and up or total crap like the OBX & other Chinese copies that flooded the market...there is nothing in the middle...TRD held that spot....but they been discontinued for a while..

something that performs well in the 170- 280 hp range for N/A also for guys with superchargers can benefit aswell

Reppin' the old skool....Drive Drift Dream
07-05-2011, 09:15 AM
ae86driftmaster Wrote:in the US we are in desperate need of exhaust manifolds....for N/A & Turbo applications.......either they are way expensive $ 1k and up or total crap like the OBX & other Chinese copies that flooded the market...there is nothing in the middle...TRD held that spot....but they been discontinued for a while..

something that performs well in the 170- 280 hp range for N/A also for guys with superchargers can benefit aswell

170-280 is to big of a range anyway I'd be interested in the are between 160-200 as there are no headers available for that. Martelius Street is good to 160 and the race one above 200 like JSP etc... Something that finishes in 2.25 would be nice.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2011, 10:04 AM
lots of guys are using the 4agze in a rwd config in the US.....we need a header that holds above 200 hp....and also the GZE exhaust temps reach way higher than N/A...i went through 3 TRD 4-1 headers so far and these where meant for a blue top......

actually 3 ranges would nice to suits their HP needs

1 blue/red top low power

2 blue/red/silver/blacktop rwd set up mid power

3 gze rwd set ups with higher heat tolerances high power

Reppin' the old skool....Drive Drift Dream
07-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Im keen to buy some Tomei forged rods, where can I go to for the best price? Smile
07-08-2011, 02:32 AM
Flag that, the NZ representative "DSR Turbo" for Tomei just told me the rods weigh 650 grams each! Bugger that, stay away! lol Most after market ones are low 400 gram range.
07-12-2011, 03:02 AM
4000GT:
The conrods for the 4AG are from 475g ~ 485g each. But when packed together, they are chosen to within a gram from each other. Often they are around 0.1-0.5g difference at most.

our RB26 conrods are in the mid 500g range, 2JZ rods are in the low 600 range. So you can rest assured that there are no Tomei 4AG conrods anywhere near that 650g range.

thank you

-- JailBait --

Bait me!
07-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Ah ok, must be some misinformation in the dealer network here then, I thought it sounded high! They lost the sale on the back of their info... oh well!