Poll: what do you think about the site ?
keep new site
back to the oldschool
[Show Results]

Thoughts about new site + poll
04-29-2014, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 02:35 PM by banpei.)
(04-29-2014 10:29 AM)Uzelac Wrote:  I would prefer theme which is more similar to old one. Username and avatar left of the post, red/white colors. Beside that, everything looks fine. I'm sure everybody will get used to new forum, just give it time.

You can back to a similar look by selecting "Display posts in classic mode." in your profile settings:
http://www.aeu86.org/forum/usercp.php?action=options
Then the username and avatar are on the left of the post.
Old colorscheme is unfortunately not available now.

(04-29-2014 11:13 AM)nmwisima Wrote:  Its is hard even for us mods to find my way into the new forum.

But things must go forward. The new forum is better and has more potential and eventualy its more easy to use. We ll get used to it and I bet we will like it more than the old one.

A.

Thanks for the heads up! Thumbs up!
I still need to investigate on the toolset for the mods. Currently everybody is Super Mod and that should allow you to do everything except user management. Wink

(04-29-2014 11:08 AM)pack Wrote:  The theme is something really secondary... first of all banpei needs to get this forum running with no issues... then we can discuss a new theme, an idea i really like because this theme is something mehhhh =D
Do I hear anyone volunteer to create a skin??? Hypocryte

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Thoughts about new site + poll]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Classic mode is a huge relief, much better for reading.

Does the new forum software offer options to control signature field sizes etc? I see that it resizes pictures, but it's not necessary for it to offer an option to view full size sig pics IMO.
Also a slight restriction on signature font size might also be a nice idea.. long sig fields detract from thread readability (again, just my opinion).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-29-2014, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 04:53 PM by Bean.)
(04-29-2014 02:34 PM)banpei Wrote:  
(04-29-2014 11:08 AM)pack Wrote:  The theme is something really secondary... first of all banpei needs to get this forum running with no issues... then we can discuss a new theme, an idea i really like because this theme is something mehhhh =D
Do I hear anyone volunteer to create a skin??? Hypocryte

I'll volunteer but only once I've done my own - so you all are better off with somebody else doing it - I'll need a few years Blush

(04-29-2014 02:49 PM)Ivan141 Wrote:  Classic mode is a huge relief, much better for reading.

Does the new forum software offer options to control signature field sizes etc? I see that it resizes pictures, but it's not necessary for it to offer an option to view full size sig pics IMO.
Also a slight restriction on signature font size might also be a nice idea.. long sig fields detract from thread readability (again, just my opinion).

there are in fact so many options and add-ons to this software it's overwhelming. The only downside on the classic view, in my opinion, is that this particular theme doesn't brake the individual posts clearly.

PS: @banpei and volunteers: A proposal from my side, pending banpei sends me the current theme (and maybe the picture set from the old one too) and thinks it's a valid idea.
I can create an empty copy/lookalike of the forum on my server.
I could then add special accounts for volunteers to mess around with the theme and code without interfering normal forum service here.
Once we reach a worthy and stable version, banpei could implement it here.
This is not an offer to go havoc on my server but to allow a controlled team effort for those with some experience in the field (including an artist who's skilled in Photoshop/Fireworks or the like).

AE86 ex-daily
04-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Not a bad idea, I do think the old theme was up for a refresh so I would prefer developing something new that keeps what was good about the old one.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-29-2014, 07:08 PM
I don't have much experience working with themes... But i can volunteer to work up on something.

banpei, you can also search some themes online and then slightly modify them.

Rergards
Find all posts by this user
04-29-2014, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 07:28 PM by isac.)
My vote goes to old school. As is now.

Old theme/style was more clear to read, this one is a bit confusing right now, red color scheme was like a brand, type sizes are a little messy need some hierarchy, missing login form on front page, basically that.

But keep the good work Dodgy

Ps: this style have to many boxes inside boxes. It look like posts are quotes.
04-29-2014, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 08:39 PM by banpei.)
@pack: exactly the way we found this theme. Wink
We simply picked one that looked clean enough and modified it slightly.
But there are an enormous amount of themes available:
http://community.mybb.com/forum-104.html
So there must be something that resembles phpbb v1. Big Grin

@Beanbandit: I can make an export of the templates (stored in database) and a copy of the theme directory. Can I send it to you through your Google account?

Edit:
This theme resembles the phpbb v1 theme most:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75369.html

Also this theme looks a lot like the one we used:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/novus-2-cardinal

04-29-2014, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 09:05 PM by MC_JP.)
(04-28-2014 10:22 PM)zenki Wrote:  Go to edit profile > Custom User Title and change it into something from initial d, problem solved.

Thanks i fixed it Big Grin

Ps, I am very happy that this tread is recieving many comments!! Keep on the good feedback ^^

1 downer is that imageshack links do not show anymore Sad

Build your dreams.

Ford Puma 1.7 Zetec-s Daily
Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe "Jinxy"- Dreamcar
Mitsubishi sapporo - bosuzoku project
04-29-2014, 09:12 PM
(04-29-2014 09:05 PM)MC_JP Wrote:  1 downer is that imageshack links do not show anymore Sad
Can you post an example in the other thread? I can have a look why it doesn't work. Wink

04-29-2014, 09:41 PM
(04-29-2014 02:34 PM)banpei Wrote:  @Beanbandit: I can make an export of the templates (stored in database) and a copy of the theme directory. Can I send it to you through your Google account?

Sure send away, I'll set everything up tonight or rather tomorrow, just returned home from the local pub Sleepy

I guess the best approach is I'll open up a new thread and volunteers will be able to post there and I'll send out login informations etc accordingly.

AE86 ex-daily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Age poll! Mux213 177 224,434 11-17-2016 10:18 AM
Last Post: banpei
  anyone on this site work in toyota. help needed ae86_ladd 4 6,353 09-14-2011 07:02 PM
Last Post: ae86_ladd
  Your Thoughts....? for the sc12 pros... ae86driftmaster 7 8,894 07-05-2011 03:43 PM
Last Post: ae86driftmaster
  Site is back up Jan Pedersen 8 8,145 08-10-2009 01:34 PM
Last Post: Hachi
  Fun Poll - How many girls in AEU86.org?? heshan 18 17,085 04-25-2009 06:59 AM
Last Post: Kammi