These are mine...
12-04-2005, 01:06 AM
These are mine...
what sort of bad reputation ?
Find all posts by this user
12-04-2005, 04:07 AM
These are mine...
well, the 86 or Twincam as we call it here is usually everybody's first rear wheel drive car and the signs are everywhere when theres a new one in town - donut marks on the main rd... drifting on every roundabout in town during the day. whenever theres a big car meet, the local twincam is always the first guy to start messing. they are a much loved car here but thankfully now they are mostly in the hands of enthuasists (as prices are too high for the messers)
there was an occasion here in 98 when about 100 86's descended on my town of Galway at the Rally weekend and destroyed the place in rubber, riot police were out and all. so sealed the ledgend.

anybody got any vid of that night? think my car was one of the ones involved before i got it
12-04-2005, 04:28 AM
These are mine...
WKD RWD Wrote:well, the 86 or Twincam as we call it here is usually everybody's first rear wheel drive car
Ahh.. like the Volvo 240's and 3-series here then. Smile
WKD RWD Wrote:there was an occasion here in 98 when about 100 86's descended on my town of Galway at the Rally weekend and destroyed the place in rubber, riot police were out and all. so sealed the ledgend.
Oh.. my.. god! 100 Hachis! Huh

WKD RWD Wrote:anybody got any vid of that night? think my car was one of the ones involved before i got it
Oh! I _really_ wanna see that! Smile Smile

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - These are mine...]
12-04-2005, 03:38 PM
These are mine...
No joke, we WANT THAT VID!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2005, 03:54 PM
These are mine...
that sounds so cool..a town mobbed by hachirokus lol the hachi mob

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - These are mine...]
12-04-2005, 05:17 PM
These are mine...
We had one of them Carina's bout 6 years ago but just had it for messing about in my mates place.

I have a chat with a few of the lads and see if they have any vids of the famous weekend in 98 !
12-04-2005, 07:55 PM
These are mine...
it was a mental night alright, i was too young to drive then but i saw some of it and have seen the video since, it was nuts, some fella had an Evo5 which was brand new back then and killed it doing rings. i can probably get the vid on cassette but is there any way to put some of it up? if somebody else better with computers can do it, fire away, id love to see it again myself
01-22-2006, 08:58 PM
These are mine...
seen a couple of vids of the galway rally diffing back in 98 it was pure madness
if i get the new engine in mine il b headen 2 the galway rally at the start of feb
will there b much diffen happening if there is il bring spares
ur black coupe lookes to b a tidy 1
01-22-2006, 10:32 PM
These are mine...
Ya, I was there as a kid, early on the friday night for Rally scrutiny, there was 86s everywhere. Seen the vids from that night unreal, 86s "diffing" all over the place, the main area was the seapoint carpark within 100 yrd of the police station. Theres one clip of 6 "twincams" diffing in the carpark, 1 of em has about 4 people hanging out of the boot, anyway 2 of these corollas (1 with the boot full of people) meet 1/4 panel to 1/4 (serios hard bang) & they keep on diffing. I think that about sums up the night. The Rally got banned, I think there were 5/6 ae86 conviscated that night. People dont realise the serious amount of 86s in Ireland, its unreal, @ the donegal International rally each year there will be 100,s of 86s. @ the Donegal rnd of the national tarmac championship this year there was 25 ae86 rally cars taking part Blush

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
01-23-2006, 02:10 AM
These are mine...
yep there is still alot floating about and more in storage
cant wait till get mine back on the road for a bit a craic
was at the donegal rally last year every were u looked u seen a coupe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is mine a UK AE86? What on VIN/Chassis number says so? Teddy 12 20,436 12-24-2012 02:06 PM
Last Post: Eircamae86
  Dads AE86....now mine Stig 16 17,629 07-19-2007 02:11 PM
Last Post: madman