The Fuel Pressure Regulator Thread
03-25-2007, 01:34 PM
The Fuel Pressure Regulator Thread
Long story short - being the idiot i am, the FPR i got for my car for pennies and dimes did nothing to solve the fuel starvation issue, or so it seems. It shifted my attention away from the problem at hand and i've spent the last month if not two trying to fix unexistant problems. I cannot actually explain this in any way other than pure gullibility on my part, that i now truly regret. I'm missing an autocross session in about an hour and a half, because even having figured the problem somewhat i cannot fix it on such short notice. The FPR i have although maintaining proper pressure at idle seems to limit the fuel with the increase in demand and cause leaning/detonations. The only two reasons i can break that down to are: a) the vacuum line from which i'm drawing vacuum for the FPR is not enough to fit the need with the opening of the throttle, or b) the FPR is just not made to work with pressures above 2kg/cm^2. Having said that, the vacuum is right according to manual, when the car is idling on FPR with no vacuum it's pushing ~36 psi and with vacuum - ~28 psi. Right on the dot for a blacktop. If my deductions are correct then the FPR needs a change, at which place i hit a wall - what do i change it with. I've seen many people going for Aeromotive when it comes to aftermarket variable and adjustable FPRs, but having already made a wrong choice once i'm defensive and would prefer to ask before taking action. Is it worth to spend money on OEM, possibly from Japan, or for close enough as to make no difference - go for the aftermarket route. If anybody has experience, please do say. Any piece of advice is welcome!
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Build your own adjustable fuel pressure regulator ;) oldeskewltoy 8 19,390 08-19-2018 12:08 PM
Last Post: AlexKTM
  4AGE Fuel Regulator Alex170984 6 9,182 02-24-2016 05:59 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Oil Pressure Query Alex170984 2 4,661 12-11-2014 01:25 AM
Last Post: Alex170984
  Pressure gathering in fuel tank Apolan 9 13,743 05-18-2014 06:18 AM
Last Post: chenfon
  oil pressure high kawo 17 18,776 09-29-2013 12:06 PM
Last Post: allencr