Apex springs and the German TüV
03-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope that some one can help me here. I have a problem with the TüV here in Germany who don't recognise the Apex Spring set (standard 30 mm lowering springs from their website) as I don't have a ABE or teilegutachten for them (they were already on the car when i bought it).

Does anyone know if such a ABE or teilegutachten even exists for these springs? I have tried in vain over the last weeks to contact them via email (which only sems to work from the dutch version of the website) but have never received a reply.

As an aside, I ordered a set of Monroe springs (SP0575 and 30Cool which have absolutely no chance of fitting. Anyone had experience with these either?

Thanks for your help!
Find all posts by this user
03-16-2015, 12:45 PM
Unfortunatly, they don't have TüV or ABE if I good remember. Have tried to find a kit for the ae86 with TüV but it seems there is nothing with TüV for this car.
03-16-2015, 01:52 PM
bugger, would explain why I can't find any mention of them online though.

Any recommendations regarding OEM replacement springs?
03-16-2015, 10:28 PM
(03-16-2015 01:52 PM)Nakilad Wrote:  bugger, would explain why I can't find any mention of them online though.

Any recommendations regarding OEM replacement springs?
Strange I used to have Apex on my car, they were the only legal ones in Switzerland back then, I'm pretty sure they have some ABE as else they wouldn't be legal in Switzerland. I have to agree though that Apex is very difficult to deal with (they were never able/willing to tell me the spring rates).
Try one of the main distributors of Apex they should be able to help you out (maybe at a fee but non the less).

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Cobra makes cheapish lowering springs with TuV I think..
http://www.cobra-suspension.com/company/company.html

It's a dutch company (merwede springs). Quality is nothing special, but they
might be a nice spring to slap in for the yearly inspection.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the tip Ivan, but unfortunately the AE86 set from them doesn't have a TÜV Gutachten.

Thumbs up to Cobra though, they responded to my email within 15 minutes! Great customer service there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  german site please help bakonick 2 3,793 03-17-2012 07:44 PM
Last Post: Eifelaner
  german toyota kalender voting with my ae86 m35z 7 6,515 10-09-2010 12:56 AM
Last Post: isac
  Hello...german guy on search of a netherland radio show.. Speedy 5 5,617 04-08-2005 10:16 PM
Last Post: Mux213