T50 from corona
03-05-2006, 08:44 AM
T50 from corona
Does anyone know which models of corona have the t50 gearbox? i have just found that coronas go very cheap here in NZ, lol i could buy one for 500 bucks swap gear boxes with my 86 and pass it on Smile.

The only problem is that i do not know which are the RWD coronas with the t50s...

Current Cars:
'86 SE82 FX GT
'88 NZ New KE70 Van (Daily)
Find all posts by this user
03-05-2006, 12:31 PM
T50 from corona
Ehm... I think this is a question that Mark on the forum can help you out with..he just bought a t50 for his old celica. I think any rwd corona with 5 speed gearbox will probably have a t50... Dont take my word for it though.
Mark mentioned something about the input shafts having different splines on the ae86 and some of the older T50's... So watch out with that one. I think I'll compare my own spare gearbox to mark's one and see if there's any truth to that story.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2006, 12:43 PM
T50 from corona
You can find T50 gearboxes in cars with T/2T/3T engines and cars with 4A/4A-GE RWD engines.

There are 3 different T50's.
Early models from first series Celica (TA22), 2nd model from some newer Celica's and Carina's (TA23, TA28, TA40 and probably TA60), i think the Corona could have this one too.
And then the last one, is the one from the AE86, AA63 etc. etc.

The gearbox itself is the same on every car, only the bellhousing and the tail are different. But those pieces can be swapped over from you own gearbox to make it fit.

What Ivan says is correct, the differences between those boxes lies in the tail. They differ in length and splines on the output shaft. But you can swap tailpieces to solve that problem.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user
03-05-2006, 12:50 PM
T50 from corona
Ahhh...enlightenment...thanks Doc

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2006, 07:45 AM
T50 from corona
Thanks mate :wink:

Current Cars:
'86 SE82 FX GT