Sold the 86 today
03-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Sold the 86 today
Uhm, nohachi,

Do you have any idea how fucking difficult it is to find a clutch type LSD from and RX7? They were only put on the first year they build the FC, all later models have VLSDs.

Mine has one but it is in serious need of a rebuildSmile

Offcourse in the states they are alot easier to find. There is a rotary shop in greece that may be able to sell you an FC clutch diff, or contact Higgi on the rx7club.com site, they have ripped appart many FCs, if you are very lucky they may be able to sell you a clutch diff cheaply.

I'm not sure if they are a direct swap with a non LSD miata as I've heard many stories about people installing the torson miata diff into RX7s and it being a direct swap. I can't confirm the truth here thoughSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
03-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Sold the 86 today
I know for sure that it fits..possibly with just some really minor modifications to the casing..just not whether

1. it fits into the 1,8 casing
2. the 1.6 casing
3. Whether there is a difference between the 1.6 and 1.8 casings at all..

RX7 clutch diffs sell for around 300 bucks all the time in the US. Add a 150 buck rebuild kit and you should be good to go.

Damn I want a miata...even have the money for one...but I'm finishing the AE25 project before I buy something new...hope to send her to Poland in June..

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
03-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Sold the 86 today
Thanx NoHachi! Wave

I read the same things at the max5 forums.
Now I know you have all the knowledge I will go and erase my registrations to the mx5 community Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Sold the 86 today] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Sold the 86 today
NoHachi Wrote:I know for sure that it fits..possibly with just some really minor modifications to the casing..just not whether

1. it fits into the 1,8 casing
2. the 1.6 casing
3. Whether there is a difference between the 1.6 and 1.8 casings at all..

RX7 clutch diffs sell for around 300 bucks all the time in the US. Add a 150 buck rebuild kit and you should be good to go.

Damn I want a miata...even have the money for one...but I'm finishing the AE25 project before I buy something new...hope to send her to Poland in June..

Buying them from US is indeed no problem, but dont forget the shipping, those mothers are heavy! Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Sold the 86 today
Shipping by boat is measured by volume..not weight I think..so maybe if you are patient you can get some cheaper deals?

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
03-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Sold the 86 today
i think i ll go for a torsen.

btw, i dont need to buy from us, i got a "french-connection" with a RHD european country (not UK) tha imports straight from japan tones of stuff and marvelous cars.
But the AE86 was too old and I couldnt find anything out there.

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Sold the 86 today] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Sold the 86 today
I've been threw what you stated, and more. My first SR5 taught me how to work on cars. I've broken down more times than in all other cars in my life put together. After I spent paycheck after paycheck fixing it time and again, I realized I had 3k in a broken down SR5 with more problems on the way. I said screw it I'm done.... this might be the most fun I've ever had while driving a car but I can't do it anymore. I sold it for 500 USDM (I paid 500). I bought it back 3 days later and I still have it. Now I have a daily driver SR5 coupe and the hachie as a project car.

I'll never forget the positive batter cable. It was a 8 dollar part at the store..... but the people that had my corolla decided to tape it. The cable was broken in 5 places and the wires were twisted back together and duct taped. JB weld on the waterpump crack and weep hole, blown headgasket included, every major oil seal gone bad, poor compression, extreme blow by, alternator that was hungry for sliding batterys since there was nothing holding the batt in place. (It sucks driving on 10Volts since ur alternator tore a hole in one of ur cells). Cut springs that blow out tires after you jack the car up, hoses that explode without warning, 10mpg (no gas gauge), muffler that falls off, interior consists of two seats and steeringwheel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  video from today - R/C car fun KristianAE86 1 3,285 04-24-2006 11:08 PM
Last Post: KristianAE86
  Look what I found in front of my house today banpei 13 12,417 11-21-2005 10:52 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Look what I found in front of my house today! Widar 9 8,027 11-19-2005 04:58 PM
Last Post: 205t16
  got a new car today ! KristianAE86 10 9,425 02-12-2005 08:25 PM
Last Post: KristianAE86