Slalom pics NoHachi & Ivan141
09-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Me and NoHachi went slalomming today at the tiny Midland circuit in lelystad, the Netherlands. This was my first ever day of performance driving my 86 and I have learned a lot more about the handling of the car.
It rolls like hell in the corners, which can be attributed to the dead stock shocks and springs. I was mainly trying to keep the car to grip since the purpose of the slalom is to finish as fast as possible, and the track was quite tight because of the pilons. It was a bit dissapointing to find out that my diff is absolutely knackered. While taking righthand corners I get nowhere because only the inside wheel spins, on lefthanders the lsd kicks in okay and it's easy to oversteer using the throttle. All in all an educational day for me, navigating tight corners is a very different discipline than racing big circuits.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-25-2004, 11:41 PM
more pics...

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-25-2004, 11:46 PM
and even some more:
BTW...I also met a guy named Roderick, driving a clio tuned to 230hp who also owns a black hachi! I've invited him over to the forum (duh) so hopefully well have another active racing/drifting enthousiast to join us soon.
(Roderick if your reading this: I dont have any good shots of your car Confused sorry..)

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-26-2004, 07:37 AM
Whow,

Looks like you guys had alot of fun!
Damn I should have gone.... But I was trying to fix my DeLorean, got a nasty tick, thought it was the valve's but the valve's are fine. Turned out the oil from the final drive had disappaired......Sad

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
09-26-2004, 12:34 PM
You should come next time (which is next year in march), and maybe we can get more local ae86's to come along. Although I dont like the idea of having to compete with a direct opponent with an equal car Confused, that makes all excuses impossible.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Ivan,

Well you got till march to think of good excuses when you loose from me!Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Hahaha, prepare to get spanked by a girly car !! That is..if I can keep it on the black stuff, using it as a lawn mower is not good...

Seriously though, Ivan did really wel on his first autoX. There was constant improvement in his time, which imho is the most important thing. In the end he was only 3 seconds of my pace, with even crappier tires and no dampers to speak of. Ah well, he was always the one with the greater talent for driving (damned genetics).
If all you guys start modifying your suspension, you'll be in the same class as the monster citroen 1.6 BX. No power, no suspension, just a set of slicks and 8 seconds quicker a lap than Ivan....scary! Might have to yoin in do some tweeking my self.

The thing you learn at the slalom is that the most significant improvement is to be made with the driver. Sadly is not as easy as some might believe. The first 4-5 seconds are shaved easily from your laps, but after that things get difficult. Seeing the citroen BX put in such fast lap times really puts things in perspective. You could give that driver any crappy car on decent tires and he still would be 5 seconds faster a lap. Only thing you can do is get out and drive...a lot. And I don't mean on the streets.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-27-2004, 10:09 AM
I did some slalom track with a Clio Williams Cup car awhile back at some training day. First time for me to do slalom, was very cool. It is indeed easy to get the seconds off at first as you get to know the car and get to know the best way around the track. But after that the real learning process begins and that takes timeSmile

Also I was very sick that day, that doesn't help to much either.Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Their from the Yaris cup right?
09-28-2004, 09:25 PM
I just removed the pic of the Advan slicks, but yes, those come straight off a yaris cup racer.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AE86 Slalom GroupH airfield test !!! kid 4 6,606 04-05-2011 02:22 PM
Last Post: kid
  1989 Japan Slalom C2 Class Blue86 5 6,736 10-09-2010 10:08 AM
Last Post: Lajoosh
  car slalom with my corolla botchok 1 3,209 11-02-2008 08:44 PM
Last Post: botchok
  More new EVO RWD videos & pics KristianAE86 2 4,518 10-25-2008 01:23 PM
Last Post: banpei
  King of Europe 2008 Round 7 Praha - pics & vids aussiefan 6 7,920 08-05-2008 06:39 PM
Last Post: aussiefan