Should I Buy it to Burn it or Build it?
01-15-2008, 07:07 AM
I found a 85 Trueno in a junk yard, Should I buy it (Keep in mind its in a junk yard but its F----d up). Frame is Good, Needs motor and wheels and well seats and drive train like clutch, Flywheel, and tranny. Of course dented and rusted a bit but mostly fix able dents and rusty parts. But Can I get Body Panels or would I have to make my own?

Should I buy it and give it a chance?
Find all posts by this user
01-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Depends on the price ofcourse and where the dents are. Tongue
(I assume it is in the US ofcourse)

Front and rear fenders are impossible to get by these days, so you need to find them secondhand or fix them with fibreglass (front) or steel (rear) copies. Other bodyparts are obtainable, but probably are more expensive than fixing up the old ones...

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Should I Buy it to Burn it or Build it?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2008, 11:30 PM
I'd say it isnt worth the effort if you dont have too much money. You can still find decent cars in the US, restoring a scrapped car that needs, well... everything, is not a wise move.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-16-2008, 04:20 AM
Right well, the back fenders were the only ones messed up. Well I can do fiberglass and I sorta want a project car to do lol and I just moved in to a house with a garage. Maybe its a Sign from above I always wanted a AE86 with a blacktop put in to it lmao
05-30-2011, 03:38 PM
do you have pic of it