Shifting Weight
05-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Shifting Weight
just speed into a corner, accel off and do the flick (left-right). that makes even the passenger bus go sideways Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Shifting Weight
thx for the tips guys
but wont loosening the grip on the rear tires make too hard to exit the turn because of too much oversteer?
same with the flick tech. ive tried it and, probably im doing it too much or too long, but i cant exit the drift from the oversteer.
05-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Shifting Weight
Feint works very well with my hachi, but that haves to do because the suspension setup, last year with my past s14a, i could only drift with clutch kicks, shift locks and handbrake .. without weight shifting then. Hachi rules Thumbs up!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Shifting Weight]
05-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Shifting Weight
That will only help you learn better throttle control. Only pros can get away with flooring it all the time. Learn to coordinate countersteer with gas. More gas, more oversteer, more counterster. Countersteer has to be done early. If you wait too long, you'll spin.

As for the corner exit rear end grip, for me the best learning day was at an empty lot with loads of rain falling. Minimum grip, low speeds, exagerated car response to all input i gave it. Give it a try (next yar probably Tongue )
05-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Shifting Weight
in regards to the feint drift how long and how much should i been steering.
is it like a half second flick or a 2 second flick? and do i just budge the wheel or make a 90 degree turn of the wheel?
05-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Shifting Weight
It really depends on how fast you're going and on the state of your suspension and tyres. There's no definite answer to this.
05-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Shifting Weight
like some of the others said, watch keichi's drift bible...ot top gear's burning rubber vid, where ex-F1 driver Tiff Needell gets a fwd ford sideways using the scandinavian flick... That should give you an idea.
But the best way IMHO, would be to get out there and practice in a safe place.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Shifting Weight
Dorito86 Wrote:As for the corner exit rear end grip, for me the best learning day was at an empty lot with loads of rain falling. Minimum grip, low speeds, exagerated car response to all input i gave it. Give it a try (next yar probably Tongue )

cant believe that england has such sunny weather for once. in a way bad for drifters lol good for blackpool beach.

as for weight shifting. i must agree with dorito86, maybe your suspension is set on being too soft hence you cant fully transfer all of the cars weight when you want to flick it into the corner. the handbreak is alway useful if you were unsucessful with the feint drift
07-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Shifting Weight
Soft and hard suspensions will both shift exactly the same amount of weight I'm affraid.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
07-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Shifting Weight
NoHachi Wrote:Soft and hard suspensions will both shift exactly the same amount of wight I'm affraid.

that is true, the car weighs excatly the same whether you have soft or hard suspension but with stiffer suspension, you get to shift more aggressively the weight of the car thus creating a more weight transfer.