Senna's project that was [UPDATED]
10-11-2005, 09:44 AM
ZaX Wrote:Oh no. It's a trueno. Banging head
So sorry.
I'm sad.
He swapped the Levin-front about a year ago with an US front.

Senna: Damn, that looks nasty. Crying
Perhaps the car can be saved. The car in Belgium is going to be sold as parts, so perhaps you can use part of that shell. I'd recon you can rebuild the front with parts sold at marktplaats but I don't think it is a complete US-front they sell.
Do you still have your levin-front?

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Senna's project that was [UPDATED]]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Banging head you stupid wtf did you do!

Well and the paint job i sayd i got the first

LEVIN coupe panda :-) and judging the line of black senna wasn't done painting yet :-P but no time for jokes now.

Senna buy the hachi from belgium strip it down rebuild it paint it and you got yourself a nice car :-)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
10-11-2005, 10:33 AM
robokill Wrote:Senna buy the hachi from belgium strip it down rebuild it paint it and you got yourself a nice car :-)
Only problem with that car is that it doens't have papers. So he will need his firewall to be intact. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Senna's project that was [UPDATED]]
10-11-2005, 10:55 AM
I wouldnt buy that belgian hunk of rust...those 2 german coupe's looked very promising though.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Senna, check the chassis and if it's OK - choose Levin or Trueno :-)
This is a good moment to put some fibreglass parts on the car - look at the bright side of life !
10-11-2005, 03:52 PM
He still has all his old levin parts if I'm not mistaken, so it wouldnt be a big problem to put those back on if the chassis can be straightened. After having seen a few fibreglass parts I'm a lot less enthusiastic about them then I was before. I really wouldnt advise anybody to use them if their metal bodyparts are still in good shape. Quality, fitment and finish are not as good as you would like..it takes a lot of effort to get it looking as good as a metal bodypart.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:After having seen a few fibreglass parts I'm a lot less enthusiastic about them then I was before. I really wouldnt advise anybody to use them if their metal bodyparts are still in good shape. Quality, fitment and finish are not as good as you would like..it takes a lot of effort to get it looking as good as a metal bodypart.

Matter of quality - I hope ....
It's possible to be fabricated at the same look and feel - I've seen some fibreglass body parts (not AE86) and they look like original panels - if you don't touch them - you will not make a difference !
10-11-2005, 04:43 PM
jamie, it's all about the amount of effort and the way of copying that makes all the difference.

But the better the quality,the more you pay for them... I do agree with ivan though, if you have good metal ones, I would choose those above fiberglass because you dont really save weight on them anyway.

Different story then with hood and such, those I would swap for fiberglass in a heartbeatSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-11-2005, 04:58 PM
@Robokill, thanks for the vote of confidence Big Grin
Going to examine the car tormorrow with an expert. If it's too much work i'm indeed going to strip this car. Wait a while, save some decent cash, and buy someone else his 86 project. (the bang for buck way)

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
11-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Got my car back today. The red red line suggests the line from where it needs to be cut and replaced by a new front. The insurrance expert said he thought the car didn't need to be straightend, which i like. Please gimme some comments about the cutting and welding, specially from TE71corolla and P-nut.
HERE are a few new images from the damage.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adam's white, rusty levin...updated 23-09-2018!! adomz 150 136,855 09-23-2018 05:14 PM
Last Post: adomz
  RT's Levin from Azores (1st post updated 2015) RT 66 76,035 08-07-2015 09:15 PM
Last Post: banpei
  AE86 RESTAURACION FROM GUATEMALA SWAP 3SGTE updated Jan-2011 CIVER 44 68,106 03-09-2015 03:52 PM
Last Post: RT
  My AE (updated 09/14/11) MrAE86 11 16,554 09-14-2011 10:29 PM
Last Post: MrAE86
  My project is finally drivable ***updated pics*** 3/31/09 pandae86hid 23 19,541 04-01-2009 12:25 AM
Last Post: skj0lsvik