Senna's project that was [UPDATED]
10-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Yesterday, me and my Hachi met some unfortunate luck ending in the the following drama. I created a foto album for it. See it HERE
For the moment i'm not interrested in the big "How did this happen question" I'm trying to concentrate on the "and what from here" Bottomline, it happened.

I'm trying to think what i can do with the car. The chasis is badly damaged. The chasis-bar where the lights and the radiator are mounted on has been given a complete new location. Same with the part where the fender is mounted on. Hope the pics give more info about that. If anyone would have suggestions what i can/should do with this car, i would be delighted to hear them.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Senna .

man thats sad.
I´m really sorry for you.

regards /

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Well, you could always use the rest of the car for spares...

Bad luck, but you are okay?

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Senna, Huh
if you can source fenders and hood, etc. A friend of mine has a small garage in D-H, and he is a real master in bodywork Thumbs up! .
So if you need any help, PM me. Smile

Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
10-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Senna

It's really sad, but at least your ok.

Good luck sourcing parts to fix it, I'm sure it can be done!

Trueno for sale!
10-10-2005, 11:08 PM
hmmm, that's the 2nd one this week allready Undecided

Sad

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
10-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Hi Senna,

ofcourse what happened with you is sad, but I can imagine what exactly you are thinking about. Something similar happened to me a month ago, so I was dealing with such a stuff for this time. If the engine can be easily fixed, I would suggest to look fist under the car and see up to where (from the front) the longitudinal chassis beam has been bowed. Teoretically it can be improoved and set to its the factory settings. Dont know how much ist should cost, where you are, but it was not so much to me, as they didnt have to take out the engine. The price for this in Bulgaria was 50 Euros. The rest ist bodywork, a lot of it can be done even from you. The front bonet must be changed I believe, but the bumper looks like can be used again. You dont need a new paint, as the rest of the car is untouched. Maybe a new headlight ..
Wish you the luck to have many good friends, to help you recover it very soon again, like I did!
Best regards on this place on the bulgarian group and especially Jamie for the headlight Wave

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
10-10-2005, 11:20 PM
The Doctor Wrote:hmmm, that's the 2nd one this week allready Undecided

Sad

Or the 3rd one in a month...

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
10-10-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm really really sorry m8 Crying Crying Crying
Don't give up the try and your hachi... Thumbs up!
There would always be a solution for everything... Thumbs up!
Just think positive !!!

AE86 FANATIC!!!
10-10-2005, 11:26 PM
senna

sorry to see the damage, but having done somthing similar myself not so long ago. It all depends on how far back into the car the damage has spread. If you have bent the chassis beyond the firewall then you now have a parts car. The impact looks pretty hard so that is a possibility.

If the damage is just in the engine bay, then it can be fixed, i found a front cut for mine and something like that would be ideal, trying to sort out the suspension turrets would be pretty hard without a replacement one.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Senna's project that was [UPDATED]]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adam's white, rusty levin...updated 23-09-2018!! adomz 150 138,380 09-23-2018 05:14 PM
Last Post: adomz
  RT's Levin from Azores (1st post updated 2015) RT 66 76,299 08-07-2015 09:15 PM
Last Post: banpei
  AE86 RESTAURACION FROM GUATEMALA SWAP 3SGTE updated Jan-2011 CIVER 44 68,500 03-09-2015 03:52 PM
Last Post: RT
  My AE (updated 09/14/11) MrAE86 11 16,704 09-14-2011 10:29 PM
Last Post: MrAE86
  My project is finally drivable ***updated pics*** 3/31/09 pandae86hid 23 19,681 04-01-2009 12:25 AM
Last Post: skj0lsvik