Senna's Trueno
10-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Senna's Trueno
Doctor,

No he got the front end from a dutch person who had it left over from a car that was scraped some time ago I believe.

Robo,

Ah yes, the liteace, I remember him saying the light are standard lights, but couldn't remember what other cars he mentioned that used them besides the supra MkII

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
10-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Senna's Trueno
I got proper Hella H4 lights on it now. Bought them 1 hour after i left at Mux his place. I had some very serious troubles concerning the suspension, but all of that is fixed now. Put me back quite a few $$$$ though. Tonight i'l have to take it for a spin.

// children, oldies and cops beware //

ps: a big Hurray! for my support team that now includes my friend Mux
10-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Senna's Trueno
You are welcomeSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Senna's Trueno
lol US spec Trueno frontend, nice Smile

"Sometimes giving up isn't the answer we're looking for, but its the only answer we have"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Senna's Trueno
Still Senna PLEASE replace the front bumper :-) did you buy it from AD????

do you still have your old front i know someone for it

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
11-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Senna's Trueno
i still have it. But i can trade it for a real neat Trueno US front end. So then i have 2 of those, and i can keep them both, or sell the one i don't use. Will only cost me like $300 to get the front-end here.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
11-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Senna's Trueno
Offtopic: Senna, where does your sig come from? The last time i heard the word 'dispatch" used, was when I was a kid playing wing commander 3..

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
11-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Senna's Trueno
Haha, just a direct quote from the Official Ayrton Senna site. Since i realy admire him as a racer i spend quite some time there reading his bio. This is a joke he once made, just before the start of his fifth f1 grand prix. He drove a Toleman Hart back then (a very crappy car) When a journalist asked him about his chances during the race he made this joke.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
11-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Senna's Trueno
Ahhhh, do you know this one?
Quote: "Monte Carlo, ’88, the last qualifying session. I was already on pole and I was going faster and faster. One lap after the other, quicker, and quicker, and quicker. I was at one stage just on pole, then by half a second, and then one second…and I kept going. Suddenly, I was nearly two seconds faster than anybody else, including my teammate with the same car. And I suddenly realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously."

"I was kind of driving it by instinct, only I was in a different dimension. It was like I was in a tunnel, not only the tunnel under the hotel, but the whole circuit for me was a tunnel. I was just going, going – more, and more, and more, and more. I was way over the limit, but still able to find even more. Then, suddenly, something just kicked me. I kind of woke up and I realized that I was in a different atmosphere than you normally are. Immediately my reaction was to back off, slow down. I drove slowly to the pits and I didn’t want to go out any more that day."

"It frightened me because I realized I was well beyond my conscious understanding. It happens rarely, but I keep these experiences very much alive in me because it is something that is important for self-preservation."

Ayrton Senna

and one of my favourites:
Quote: Nürburgring was my favourite track. I fell totally in love with it and I believe that on that day in 1957 I finally managed to master it. It was as if I had screwed all the secrets out of it and got to know it once and for all. . . For two days I couldn't sleep, still making those leaps in the dark on those curves where I had never before had the courage to push things so far."

Juan Manuel Fangio

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
11-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Senna's Trueno
Thanks Cool I knew the Senna story with monaco vagely. Being to seconds faster then prost was hilarious! He just shouldn't have been able to be that fast! Bought his official Dvd the moment it came out. Very sad though that it shows little racing action. And since that was the thing making him so interresting, i was kinda dissapointed by their choice of material. Though i still loved every second of it.