Senna's Trueno
10-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Senna's Trueno
Damn...we almost got the car running today! I hooked up the wiring looms this afternoon after testing and replacing some lil part of 1 loom, and we have a check engine light again! Everything seems to be back in working order again, only still no go on a running engine. The petrol fumes from the exhaust indicate that the injection is working fine.
Up pops the next problem. The igniter/coil assembly was also damaged as we already expected. I mounted up the coil from my own car and we tried starting again. It actually sounded like there where some feeble attempts at igniting the fuel this time..Sadly it didnt last long and the engine ended up spinning and pumping fuel, but no explosions in those cilinders any more.
I strongly suspect the distributor of having something to do with this problem, anybody have any suggestions?
I did an error code test just for the hell of it, it returned a code 7, meaning throttle position sensor is giving trouble. Would a 4age start if the TPS was not connected?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Senna's Trueno
Damn, this thing isn't giving you guys a brake is it?

Hope you figure it out soon, sorry I can be of little helpSad

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
10-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Senna's Trueno
Damm, we were so close! But i have real hope again my day will come. Now i have to get a few new + used parts, pray some more and try again.
10-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Senna's Trueno
IT RUNS!!!!!!!!!!
Hell yeah, all our hard work paid off, I had the pleasure of hearing it start for the very first time since I saw it. I'll let Senna do the write-up about the details..but I'm so f8cking happy. This effort cost me about 6 visits, a days work on a wiring loom and a speeding ticket, and robokill made an additional 3 housecall's.
Us young hachi drivers need to help each other out once every now and then. Cool

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Senna's Trueno
Coolest!!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Senna's Trueno
Damm you ivan, you always seem to beat me at posting here! Tongue
here's the story:

Yesterday i went to Robokill to get an igniter/bobine, since mine was roasted by the fire. I returned home at midnight, but couldn't help to try it. Because it was dark i messed up the lengt (order) of the spark-plugs-cables, i heared a bang, and got a cloud of smoke. After that,. i unscrewed a spark plug, and to my delight, i actualy saw a nice spark comming from it. No real harm done i thought. After that i went to bed thinking about what to do tomorrow. I talked to Ivan over msn, and we decided to give it another try.

He named some car-parts i didn't know, and possible solutions for the problem, so I grabbed my phone, and walked to the car. We talked a bit, and he gave me some instructions, i tried them, and still no luck. By then i got the order of the spark-plug-cables right. Ivan told me to unscrew a spark plug, and see how it would look. The plug was kinda wet, so Ivan suggested the engine drowned itself. Then i remebered a little trick i used to do with my rx7 to empty the chambers if i had trouble starting it. After removing the Efi fuse (so that no new fuel would come into the chamber), i started for quite some time while stepping on the gas pedal.
I put the fuse back again, and tried to start the car through the open window. the enige gave a GROWL, and died a second later. I stepped into the car and started it again. Without too much trouble the engine gave another growl, and this time i was ready for it. I stepped on the gas, and kept it alive. After a while i released the gas, and the engine slowly dropped back to a comfortable 1000rpm. We were so happy!
After Ivan hung up, i gave the whole neighbourhood a concert by playing with the gas for a while. Evil

Guess who's back!

Now it starts like a charm again.

Here's a small list of two people that earned my deepest respect and gratitude during my trails:

Ivan141, without your endless patience (10hours of wiring loom!!) half a dozen visites, and bright ideas, none of this would have ever happened!

Robokill, without your efforts in the beginning (including 2 longs nights of work), i would have sold this car for sure, i was desperate. Combined with your generous offer to supply me with another bobine/igniter, things got real again.

guy's i owe you!
10-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Senna's Trueno
No problem mate! Now we continue to get you back on the road... Me and robokill were thinking about coming friday...check your agenda.
If that trueno frontend isnt coming anytime soon we might just pop the levin stuff on to take it for a little spin you know... Tongue

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Senna's Trueno
...and they live happily ever after... Smile

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
10-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Senna's Trueno
ZaX Wrote:...and they live happily ever after... Smile
Big Grin

Anyways, congrats! Great to hear your car is finally fixed. Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Senna's Trueno]