Senna's Trueno
09-09-2004, 12:46 AM
Senna's Trueno
Hi there,

my name is maarten, i drive a 1985 AE86 Trueno coupe, red/black two-tone. I bought the car a few months ago and have experienced many interesting things with it since (some better then others) 2 weeks ago my 86 mysteriously burst into flames at night, while the car was parked in front of my girlfriends house. Did quite some damage under the hood. Thanks to the great effords of Ivan141 and Robokill i hope having the car running again by the end of this week.

Coming up next will be fixing the rust problem the car has, and a bit later, give it a new paintjob.
Find all posts by this user
09-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Senna's Trueno
Hey Senna,

WHOW I hope I never have to witness something like that. Damn, seeing your car in flames with no apperent reasonSadSad Must have been a leaky fuelline or something I guess. Hope she is running again soon!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
09-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Senna's Trueno
Auch! How big was the damage?

BTW: Welcome! Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Senna's Trueno]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Senna's Trueno
Only burnt from about where the battery sits up to the left suspension pillar. No dramatic damage, no fuel involved (thank god). Probably caused by a shortcircuit but I have no idea what might have caused that while being parked. Only the alarm might trigger such a thing I think, but who knows...Luckily the engine was not damaged and the firemen managed to put out the flames before more damage was done.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Senna's Trueno
Me and Senna just pulled most of the wiring looms from his car, we're going to fix up a wiring loom using AE82 GT looms. I must say that it's not as difficult as people where telling me it would be. I pulled everything out and the only parts we had to move out of the way where the radiator top mounts and the ventilation filter under the dash. We also pulled off all Levin parts minus the hood for his future swap for a trueno frontend.
This was the result:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-19-2004, 11:02 PM
Senna's Trueno
Aah, you evil person! i was supposed to post it in my updates section Tongue
might do that anyway, using crtl-c -> control v Evil
the wiring looms did put up a good fight though!
09-20-2004, 12:17 AM
Senna's Trueno
They sure did put up a fight, but if Churchill where a mechanic, he would put it like this: "We shall fight on the streets. We shall fight under bonnets. We shall fight under dashes, and under the plenum, we shall fight pesky wiring looms. We shall never surrender!"

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-20-2004, 06:54 AM
Senna's Trueno
Haha, and in the end, VICTORY!
09-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Senna's Trueno
Pfieeeuuuuwwwww....what a day.. Picking up some ATS cup wheels for the volvo, guiding senna's slow little ' means of transportation' to my place, and then hour after hour of the most gruelling labor known to man...fixing wiring looms..
This thing better work properly after all the labor we put into it. I replaced all the fried bits with good ones from an ae82GT loom, and soldered in new wiring to replace the damaged wires. Tomorrow I'm finishing up the soldering, and then comes the wire by wire continuity testing.
Well...sorry senna...guess I took away another opportuninty for you to update your thread. When this mess is finally behind us you owe me a lot of beer!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-24-2004, 10:16 AM
Senna's Trueno
Your damm right, i'l start by telling my good friends @ heineken to raise their production! you seem to beat me every time in updating my english thread. But i still got the dutch one Evil