Senna's 86 running again!
06-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Hi there, after foolishly destroying my clutch @ zandvoort 10 april i finaly got it fixed. I ordered a clutch from the "illegal garage" of Max Misawa. Since i've heard some good things about it being indestructible and very good for drifting, I thought i should give it a go. Can't realy tell you how happy i am driving my 86 again. The BMW 325i with LSD (40%) I bought to keep me entertained was quite fun, but much more unrefined. Only thing that worries me a little bit is a slight "shaking" feeling the car gives when i slowly accellerate while slowly releasing the clutch in first gear. Is this normal for a semi-racing clutch?

ps: The garage told me they used the allignment tool provides in the package, so that shouldn't be the problem.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
Find all posts by this user
06-10-2005, 03:44 AM
This is so nice to hear! Thumbs up!

I can't wait untill the day i get one of my own hachis back to life! Smile

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Senna's 86 running again!]
06-10-2005, 04:15 AM
And now i need a save place to learn how to drive/drift. I have entered corners on the nurburgring @ 120 km/h +, but if the car would have gone "properly" (:evilSmile sideways at that speed.......... things could have gotten out of hand completely.

1 month ago, I was driving the nurburgring for the fist time, + under wet
conditions in the BMW. Instinctively i was able to prevent the car from going sideways a couple of time. To scared to do it. To much armco way to close to me. I need a "safe" place where i can practice going sideways @ 100km/h.

PS: Does anybody have a clue about my clutch question?

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
06-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Great to hear you are back on the road again! Hurray!
I read on gummen you were selling the BWM, so I figured you'd fixed up your hachi. Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Senna's 86 running again!]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2005, 09:23 AM
I thought I told you you should have the flywheel machined flat before installing a (semi-)racing clutch..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
06-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah you did, but the case is very simple, i just don't have the money for it. I didn't even have the money to get the clutch installed. Engine is going to get treated in a month or two, so i guess the flywheel wil have to do till then. The vibration I feel is caused by the flywheel?

06-10-2005, 01:31 PM
ivan, hmm what are you thinking about then? Since senna burned his clutch the flywheel got warped a bit? That would explain it.

Senna if that is the case be carefull, you could end up damaging your new clutch if the flywheel surface is slightly warped. Then again, it may just only wear it down a little quicker and if you get the flywheel done eventually all could be just fine.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
06-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Well the flywheel surface is usually less than ideal after a lot of use...especially after the way the clutch went out. Racing clutches are known to slip too much if the flywheel surface is not machined flat before installing.
Getting the flywheel machined is not an expensive operation AFAIK. The only tricky bit without a special tool is getting the bolts loose, after that they can just put it in a lathe and turn the surface down a bit just like they do with brakediscs.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
06-28-2005, 08:21 PM
sometimes ivan amazes me with knowledge. If you think of it though its logical. Its not that hard anyway. And doiesn't cost that much most of it would be removing the flywheel

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
06-29-2005, 02:28 PM
you flatter me robokill Wave

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me find the forum again :) olithor 4 6,264 09-14-2009 12:45 AM
Last Post: olithor
  HELLAS EUROPIAN BASKETBALL CHAMPION (AGAIN) nmwisima 4 4,697 09-26-2005 09:42 AM
Last Post: @dodo@
  Nr. 3 is running! Jesse P 8 8,383 09-16-2004 09:41 AM
Last Post: Mux213