SR86 as a drift car
09-03-2011, 11:16 AM
SR86 as a drift car
Hello again. Maybe somebody can help me out. I laready took a look at the tech section, but haven´t found much. I use a standard 6.7 pinion gear with weir 28mmm axles, 2way LSD, and a solid pinion spacer. Weir says, it is good for 350hp but no info about a torque restriction.
So maybe some has got experience with these products. As fas as I know, the standard pinion gear is the weak point, not the uprated axles. My plan was, to make about 400nm torque and 360 to 380 Hp, but it depends how much the rear axle can handle.

Thanks in forward,

Clemens
Find all posts by this user
09-16-2011, 03:53 PM
SR86 as a drift car
So, the car is almost finished. We are now making the wiring harness. Starting froma open loom haltech harness, we soon realized, that regarding the custom work we have to do, it is nearly the same amount of work, to make the harness all new from the beginning. Fortunately, a friend of mine has all the equipment and knowledge to do this work on high level quality. In the meantime I made some heat shielding for the brake lines and the brake master cylinder.
Due to some clearance issues with the exhaust, we needed to chance the fuel tank assembly. This is, how we ended up

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-16-2011, 03:55 PM
SR86 as a drift car
last 2 pics of the heat shield

10-08-2011, 10:28 PM
SR86 as a drift car
Finally the car is running, which is a nice feeling after nearly 8 month of work. There were no problems with the new build harness, the started on the first blink. Big Thanks to my friend Florian "Flo", who made the harness completely by himself and Uli, who "did" the new downpipe and Patrick, who always assisted me ( when there was enough beer in the refigerator). Now I am just wating for the new rear axle and then the "mapping" can begin.
I hope you enjoy the pics:

10-08-2011, 10:29 PM
SR86 as a drift car
more pics

10-09-2011, 12:26 AM
SR86 as a drift car
Nice work, looks like you had fun doing it too, which is what it's all about Thumbs up!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2011, 09:28 AM
SR86 as a drift car
Thanks Ivan. I think everbody here knows,that after many ours in the garage, you always get some "great" ideas to light up the evening.
I am really corious, how the car will perform. One thing I know for sure:
There will be "tyre" blood!
11-03-2011, 08:01 PM
SR86 as a drift car
Man, youre damn fast with the build up.

Actually i asked the preowner of your chassis, whether its still available. Unfortunately it was already sold to you.

Keep going and who know, we might drive once against each other.
I compete in German, Swiss and Italian series.
11-04-2011, 12:30 AM
SR86 as a drift car
Ooh another bluey, niceSmile
Can you show us what the problem was with the more rearward radiator position? Would it be possible if you ran a vented hood and inclined rad? Nissan powered AE86 are difficult to get the weight bias back to stock, but would like to try.

What are the gear ratio's like on the 6-speed box? The choice for the 4.7diff is interesting. I have a lower powered CA86 with stock 4.3 ratio and first+second gear are near useless, it just shreds these gears like they aren't even there.

If the gear ratios are anything similar to the 5 speed, then imho you could find yourself looking for a 3.9 or lower r&p soon. You wouldn't have to use high tires like Zax does and the lower teeth count on em means the individual teeth can be beefier.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
11-05-2011, 11:06 PM
SR86 as a drift car
I run 3.9 r&p.
Btw bigger tires = last longer = less overheat ;-)

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Levin Coupe from Croatia - NOW SR86 with IRS ZaX 698 675,387 10-01-2012 08:07 PM
Last Post: ZaX
  the making of the SR86 TE71corolla 40 45,189 03-20-2010 09:52 PM
Last Post: spawns
  danish renovation, from rusty old banger, to nice drift car katapouser 16 15,647 12-23-2008 10:41 PM
Last Post: katapouser
  Kris´s TOYO/KONI drift car KristianAE86 143 148,528 02-02-2006 01:04 AM
Last Post: ZaX