SR86 as a drift car
11-13-2011, 11:02 PM
SR86 as a drift car
The Transmission is a HPI 6 speed box (http://www.rhdjapan.com/hpi-6-speed-cros...0sx-58394)
And you you are right, 4.7 will make 1-3 gear nearly useless. If the Weir perfomance kit will hold up the torque, I want to go for 4.1 or 3.9.
The problme with the radiaotr was, that I use a s14 radiator, which is higher than the OEM radiator. I believe, that the toyota 4age radiator is not able to dissipate the heat from the SR20. Since the S14 radiator is higher, I would have to cut out the hood, which wasn´t adequate for me. Even fot the V-mount, th radiator was to high, but you are completely right, for the weight bias it would be the better option.
right now I am making a new rear axle flange, since it is to little for the flange on the prop-shaft I got from the driveshaftshop.
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2012, 11:33 PM
SR86 as a drift car
Hi again.

I just wanted to post a few more pics with the car on it finished. Regarding to the "upmount" position of the fuel pump, I made a swirl pot with a second pump to solve the vacuum bubble" problem you enccounter with these pumps when not mounting them beneath the tank.
i amstill running the car in and in the end of march it will be finnaly mapped. But I can already say that I will nedd a longer final drive ( 3.9 or so)
Someone of you maybe know the blue Aardvark from television. The color always reminds meof it, so i decided to to give it some cheers.

Hope you like it,

Clemens

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-08-2012, 11:41 PM
SR86 as a drift car
the other photos

02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
SR86 as a drift car
Your ae86 definetely has a character Smile Superb work! Thumbs up!
02-09-2012, 04:11 PM
SR86 as a drift car
Really coming together now. Nice!

Do you have any more pics of the rear axle cooler setup?

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
02-09-2012, 10:55 PM
SR86 as a drift car
Sure I can post some pics of it: there were 2 versions of it. The first one used the original drain plug as a the drain for the pump. I just used a M18x1,5 to dash6 fitting. But when I lowered the car I realized that I would always scratch at the protection ring I welded on the rear axle, so I drilled a hole about 4cm below the filling plug on the engine side of the rear axle, cut a 1/8npt threat and drilled the fitting to allow for more flow.
The cooling lines then run via bulkhead fittings into the trunk of the car. 3 small vents are attached to the radiator.

02-12-2012, 08:14 PM
SR86 as a drift car
Maybe someone can help me out with this. I am trying to find a "base" setup for the equal length rear 4 link bars. I read quite a bit how to adjust them, but honestly I could not find recommendations from which setup to start from.
maybe someone of you could help me out.

Thanks in forward,

Clemens
06-22-2012, 12:11 AM
SR86 as a drift car
Hello guys.

It´s been a while since the car is finished but I thought that it would be a good idea to post a short video of the car in action. Here in austria we have a really hot summer now, so the tyres last quite short on the hot surface. just before finishing the third lap the tyres gave up. This is a really nice track with one faster left turn and some quite technical section, so great for praticing. i hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=070hSLcue...ture=share

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Levin Coupe from Croatia - NOW SR86 with IRS ZaX 698 670,238 10-01-2012 08:07 PM
Last Post: ZaX
  the making of the SR86 TE71corolla 40 44,927 03-20-2010 09:52 PM
Last Post: spawns
  danish renovation, from rusty old banger, to nice drift car katapouser 16 15,504 12-23-2008 10:41 PM
Last Post: katapouser
  Kris´s TOYO/KONI drift car KristianAE86 143 146,564 02-02-2006 01:04 AM
Last Post: ZaX