SC/TURBO axle & spool kit GTS
09-07-2009, 06:52 PM
raki Wrote:Excellent idea, but the problem is, that my 5,375 r+p is even weaker than the axle shafts, so i guess i have to cheange to another axle...

Regards,
raki

That seems highly unlikely to me. We have installed the 5.375 TRD final drive in a car making over 200 RWHP. Never broke anything, not the ring and pinion or the axle shafts. Even the pinion gear in the 5.375 gear set is larger than the o.e.m. axle shaft. Remember, the ring and pinion is a torque multiplier, the axles see more torque than the ring and pinion. If you have 100 ftlbs. of torque at the pinion gear you will have 537 ft.lbs. at the axle shaft.
Find all posts by this user
09-07-2009, 08:04 PM
WeirPerformance Wrote:We are working on doing this same upgrade for LSD's. TRD will be the first LSD we will make this fit, Kaaz, Tomei will be next. We will post when it's ready. Thanks,

Spence Weir
WPE LLC
707-315-6638

excellent! Thumbs up! Hurray!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2009, 08:40 PM
WeirPerformance Wrote:
raki Wrote:Excellent idea, but the problem is, that my 5,375 r+p is even weaker than the axle shafts, so i guess i have to cheange to another axle...

Regards,
raki

That seems highly unlikely to me. We have installed the 5.375 TRD final drive in a car making over 200 RWHP. Never broke anything, not the ring and pinion or the axle shafts. Even the pinion gear in the 5.375 gear set is larger than the o.e.m. axle shaft. Remember, the ring and pinion is a torque multiplier, the axles see more torque than the ring and pinion. If you have 100 ftlbs. of torque at the pinion gear you will have 537 ft.lbs. at the axle shaft.

Maybe the preowner of the car did just not install the r+p good enough, but the pinion is really damaged. But axle shafts I also broke some axle shafts, thats rally... I think thereĀ“s a reason, all the finnish people drive Volvo-axles.. Smile

http://www.sg-rallyesport.de
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shift Gear Clothing - Toyota, Mazda, Turbo, various tomstwincam 16 18,275 07-09-2012 03:37 AM
Last Post: tomstwincam
  Project Mu&Spirits-AutoWork crossover Big Brake Kit For Spirits Racing 6 8,525 06-13-2011 07:55 PM
Last Post: Spirits Racing
  GTS MAXGRIP LSD rebuild kit WeirPerformance 2 7,401 04-20-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: eg6maxx