Ron Hellenbrand hachi [NL]
09-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Hi,

Leuk forum, jammer dat ik dat niet eerder ben tegengekomen!

Zal eens kijken op de cd die ik heb gekregen van de jongens die mijn auto gelast en gespoten hebben.
Hebben foto’s gemaakt van voor en na de restoratie.

LSD past zo ver ik heb kunnen zien.
Alleen is het diff iets dikker dan de oem, waardoor de tandwiel bouten bijna (of komen tegen) het diff huis komen.
Denk is makkelijk op te lossen, kan ik echter pas proberen als ik hanglagers heb en tandspeling heb afgesteld.

Verdere plannen, Bilstein hoogte instelbare veerpoten met 4 piston remklauwen (veerpoten liggen klaar).
Zoek nog een oplossing voor de remmen achter (zijn te klein), heeft iemand tips???
Battle version 4 link, moet alleen nog gemonteerd worden.
Ueo instelbare draagarmen, stuurkogels,…, uit japan besteld moet alleen nog gemonteerd worden.
Ben alleen bang dat uitlijnen een week werk wordt!

Dan motor.
Heb van een 20V een quad throttle 16v gemaakt, met nodige aanpassing had motor 133.1 kw ( 181pk) en 185.7Nm, met al koppel vanaf 3500rpm!
Motor is nog eens onder handen genomen, weet jammer genoeg nog niet hoe veel pk hij nu heeft (hoop ongeveer 200pk), na de winter weet ik meer!

Groet,
Ron

*admin #2 translation follows*

Hi,

Nice forum, it's ashame I didn't run into it before!

I'll take a look at the CD I've gotten from the guy's who've welded and painted my car. They've made pictures during and after the restauration.

The differential I've bought fits asfar as I've seen (*admin note, see wanted kouki axle thread*)
The LSD only has a bigger diameter so the gears bolts almost touch the gear housing.
Shouldn't be hard to fix, I won't be able to see until I've installed it.

Next plans, Bilstein height adjustable shocks with 4 piston calipers (already ready to install).
Still looking for a rear brake upgrade, anyone have any suggestions?

Battle version 4 links, only need to be installed.

Ueo adjustable control arms, steering knuckles, etc. all ordered in japan, just need to be installed.
Only afraid its gonne be a hell of a job to get it all lined out.

Then the engine (*admin note, taking some liberty here in clarifying from our PM conversation*).
I've taken a 20V engine (silvertop), put a 16v head on but kept the ITBs and did loads of adjustments (including reprograming the factory ECU).
Engine has 133.1 kw (181pk) and 185.7Nm, with the torque starting at 3500rpm!
Engine has been further tuned but I haven't dynod it yet (I'm hoping its nearing 200 horses) but after the winter I should know more.

Pictures underneath should say enough:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ron Hellenbrand hachi [NL]]
Find all posts by this user
09-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Heya Ron,

Took the liberty of moving this post into the projects thread so more people can be amazed at your work as I am. Hope you can put pictures up of your car soon. I hope you don't mind me translating your post to english and filling in a few blanks so others can understand it (how good is your english? we try to keep the normal posting on the board in english so).

Still truely amazed at that dyno graph, just comparing it to my engine its just wierd, the HP just goes up and up and that torque.... I don't get why it ends so suddely at 7500 rpm, is it that it just hits the rev limiter there? It would suggest the engine has loads to come after that point? The silvertop should be able to rev up to 9000 rpm with ease shouldn't it?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
09-27-2006, 04:35 PM

Car was on stock ae92 exhaust at the time.

http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86/tech/nathan1024/

Engine now in an AE86.

http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-27-2006, 04:57 PM
irishtwincam,

NICEBig Grin what specs delivered those ?Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-27-2006, 05:10 PM
can you post pics of the car??
09-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Thats one hell of a weird torque curve..VEmax at 3000rpm

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Specs here.
http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86/tech/nathan1024/

Torque etc was thrown way off by stock exhaust system and some other niggly bits.

Car required extractors and bigger injectors.
AE92 245cc were being maxxed.

It'll be redynod in future with better support mods.

http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86
09-28-2006, 01:58 PM
irishtwincam Wrote:It'll be redynod in future with better support mods.
Better Support Mods = AE86 Rally Shell

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
09-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Big Grin so is the 16V head a direct fit onto the 20V block?
hmm if yes that could be an option for me in the far far future, as I guess that cures the problem with space issue close to the firewall Smile

EDIT: Mux - is there a good/more specific writeup on this engine combo... as I think my mate would be very interested... as am I Thumbs up!

AE86 ex-daily
09-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Bean Bandit,

I doubt there is writeup info about it. You could send an email to Ron and ask him about the combo, knowing toyota it probably fits but I have no idea what other modifications are requiredBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij