Toyota Corolla AE86 Levin / Wankel 13B turbo - for sale
04-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Toyota Corolla AE86 Levin / Wankel 13B turbo - for sale
Toyota Corolla 1.3 Turbo, model AE86. I built the Toyota purposeful for in drifting. Since we started with a drifting here i had the Mazda RX 7 FC, But i wanted to have a classic drift car. I bought an old Toyota Corolla 1.6 16V which is light, but the performance even with the weight advantage was low compared to the FC.

RX 7 has had the best years over, so i parted it and built the engine with the complete front axle and crossmember in to the corolla chassis. I built in the cage for overall body strengthening. While testing the stock rear axle did not endure the engine performance and the bearings on the differential broke. After consultation with Jasper from Holland who has a similar conversion, i used rear axle from Hyundai H100 with welded diff, axle has custom mount points which acts like traction brackets and the pinion angle is aligned with the FC driveshaft. Axle is secured with straps (old man engineering) to prevent the spring are coming loose. Springs are like 6/5kg/mm, the driving characteristics are changed so that it drifts in every corner. Car acts like a go-kart. Welded diff is excellent for precise exits out of corners, because the wheels are not affected by the changing track surfaces or even distribution of weight over the rear axle, as is the case with LSD. For drifting you need the hand brake, which has a separate circuit to the rear axle. But with the engine power output, you do not need to use it so often.

I used twin-plate metallic clutch, which really don't slip. The engine is after rebuild with a new control unit Rtec 2.0 with the possibility to connect and change over PDA. Injectors are 720 cc. Improving engine cooling ensures front mounted intercooler and two oil coolers. A stable supply of fuel is ensured with 30L fuelcell, catchtank, and Walbro fuelpump. Exhaust is full stainless with cat.
On the chassis are original gas dampers with externally adjustable stiffness from the FC. For the comfort of driver and passenger, seats from the RX 7 FD with MOMO seat belts are added.
Thanks to 1050 kg. + 250 hp. +solid rear axle -power steering = truly unique experience.

Toyota is without evidence papers and plates, only intended for sporting purposes.
Certainly, this arrangement is suitable for beginners.
Price 1999.- euro + a certain agreement.
If you are interested in a converted Toyota Corolla AE86 turbo, please contact me at email: [email protected]
foto:
http://stqeno.rajce.idnes.cz/Rotachi/
http://www.autodrom.cz/autodrom.php?pg=s...g=cs&id=24
Jarda
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user