Richieu -Technical help desk
08-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Help!!!!... Anybody can help me about my engine and gearbox 4AGE? My engine 4age always got sound like KerKkkkk KerkKkkkk KerKkKk when my aircon turn On.. and before that my sound engine working normally.. when i replace my gearbox the sound strange coming then i have replace back with other gearbox the sound still hear.. Huh.. i have spent more money to buy a 2nd gearbox.. What going on my engine? I dont know the sound coming from my engine or my gearbox... ANYBODY CAN HELP ME OR TELL ME WHAT TO DO.. (I Have replace my flywheel original 4AGE to flywheel steel toda racing) any effect from there?
Find all posts by this user
10-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Does any one know how to close a sunroof manually ? I have a 87 ae86 and would like to how i can close manually thanks
04-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Hi, I need to know how it's made the left and the right bracket of the front bumper to remake myself or to adapt from other cars.

Here the photo of the right side:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Richieu -Technical help desk]

thank you very much!
06-28-2009, 02:02 PM
I also want to know how to make bumper brackets

or just some detailed pictures and I can make them myself...
06-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Hmmm.. I did some semi-custom front bumper brackets to fit the kouki trueno bumper to a USDM trueno, but it should be possible to fabricate the whole things from scratch (although this is harder).

You need some steel, a welder, and some imagination to do it.

This would be my approach to it:
-First have a good look at the way the original bracket bolts up to the chassis. You'll want to do the same on your own brackets.

-Make a lightweight steel frame that bolts up to the bumper skin, some thin l-profile or rectangular tubing will do. Fit these little buggers to the bumper skin and take it to the car.

-Mount the bumper in the position you want it to end up in, and try to fix it in place temporarily (tie-raps are your friend).

-Using some thin and flexible strip of steel, bend up a shape that follows the mounting points on the chassis, and touches the little bumper skin bracket you made earlier.

-Bend up a bigger strip of steel using your example to make the final mount, drill holes / slots where necessary for mounting bolts.

-Try it out again, see if it needs adjusting!

-If your satisfied with the chassis-side mount you made, weld in some gusseting if necessary to add some stiffness.

-Bolt in the chassis-side of the bracket, and offer up the bumper.
You should now be able to spot weld both brackets together, or mark the exact place you need to weld later on.

-Unbolt the whole affair from the car and weld it all together.

Should leave you with a sturdy set of brackets when done right, and a damn sight cheaper than new ones (if you can find those) albeit less pretty, but who cares..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi, I just aquired a ae86 gt-s levin hatchback(liftback) apex and I need the following: Front lights(all), back lights, windshield and rear right side window. Now I have found a windshield from a coupe, blue tinted, from a dealer around 90 $. Will it fit? Also the front is identical to the coupe? And finally what other cars have the same engine(4age 16v) and what models have some similar body parts, like headlights, signal lights(I think I will try some from a golf 2, I have a hunch that they will fit-but I was talking about Toyota parts) Also, if I will go to a Toyota dealer, will they have any part if I order it?( even if it is more expensive) Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tomei 16V poncams + Tomei technical trax 1.5 way LSD Lt86 22 17,534 09-16-2016 09:56 PM
Last Post: Alex170984
  technical asking about TVIS filh 4 5,641 02-27-2011 02:07 AM
Last Post: filh
  www.aeu86.org Technical FAQ Mux213 0 10,848 12-20-2005 06:45 PM
Last Post: Mux213